Garmin & Strava not talking

Ibaz
Ibaz Posts: 37
Is any one else having trouble with Garmin and Strava not communicating?
Both Sunday's ride and tonight's are showing on Garmin connect from my 520. But neither is transfering to strava.
I've checked both apps, disconnected and re-connected each to the other but my ride data just won't transfer.
Any ideas?
Cheers

Comments

• ajmitchell
    ajmitchell Posts: 203
    its happened to me. its possible to open garmin connect and save raw TCX (or equivalent format) file locally then export it manually to strava. You may lose power and or heart rate data if you had it this way but all data should be there. If you cannot find it under garmin connect, open the device folder manually in windows explorer and it should be there in activities by date.
  • arthur_scrimshaw
    arthur_scrimshaw Posts: 2,596
    edited August 2016
    Just upload the files directly in Strava. Go to 'upload activity' 'file' 'browse' and find the activity on your 520. You can select multiple files (up to 12?) and follow the instructions.
    Garmin connect is frankly rubbish.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I've given up on Garmin disconnect, now just upload each ride direct to Strava. Its all pretty rubbish.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • VamP
    VamP Posts: 674
    Erm, just open the file directly via file upload in Strava??? Why on earth anyone still uses Garmin Connect I do not understand. Crap soft with poor functionality.
  • I think that's what's called a consensus!
  • Ibaz
    Ibaz Posts: 37
    I think I get what you're all saying .
    Straight to Strava it is then.....

Cheers