thursday set the controls for the heart of the sun

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off for a ride once it gets light, not sure where, but cafe stops will occur, then work on the tan in the afternoon

the days are passing pleasurably slowly

no news here, just waiting to find out if pinno has stopped squeaking
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Need more sleep, stupid body clock :(

Going for a run in a minute to hopefully wake up. Then it's off to some go-ape type thing, which will be lovely in this heat

Later is pool time followed by a meal out
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    On train into town. Sleep want a problem as pedalling the day before usually helps. Have some boring meetings this morning but its better than working :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    On train into town. Sleep want a problem as pedalling the day before usually helps. Have some boring meetings this morning but its better than working :)

i hope you not on the floor? plenty of empty seats further back lol!

working on a eulogy this morning, not looking fwd to it.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just been for a stunning 1 1/2 hours through silent countryside on the newly refurbished n3 bike - no ticks, no clicks, all smooth as a smooth thing.

Now for coffee, Coco Pops and sorting out da crib prior to the arrival of a couple of TdV's friends to impose for a couple of days.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, no sure about setting the controls to the heart of the sun, maybe to idle though.

Management seem weirdly absent today so very little work will be done today here. Nothing really planned today bar drinking coffee an dodging responsibilities.

Matt, coco-pops, good call.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Coco-pops - is that man food? :roll:

Just about to head out and test the anti-squeak adjustments. It's a lovely day with hardly a breath of wind. I should be cutting grass but i've always got the brush cutter attachment for the strimmer.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Car is in for a service today so I'm in the lowest spec truck they had free, it's tough. Luckily I'm just sitting in the office all day...

I'm off next week to do the Scotland leg of my mate's JoG-LE which I've done no training at all for unless you count drinking and riding mountain bikes as training.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    morning all,
    Back at work today, managed to ride in at least. It was already warm at 7am. Got to work through until 5:30 to make up some time so I can clear off early tomorrow.
  • Stevo_666
    mamba80 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

i hope you not on the floor? plenty of empty seats further back lol!

working on a eulogy this morning, not looking fwd to it.
    Hate to say this mamba, but I always get a seat and I got a double seat all to myself this morning :) South Eastern run a pretty good service. Comrade Jezza would have looked even more stupid than he already does if he'd tried his sitting down stunt on my train.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Just ordered a new bike for the Mrs. obviously anything I had to say on the subject was dismissed out of hand, she wanted one that looked nice and was comfortable with a nice sit up and beg riding position. So I've bought her a boat anchor on wheels.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Back on the wrong side of the channel after making the ferry by the skin of our teeth.

700 miles in one day and arriving with 16 minutes to spare was cutting it a bit fine.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just ordered a new bike for the Mrs. obviously anything I had to say on the subject was dismissed out of hand, she wanted one that looked nice and was comfortable with a nice sit up and beg riding position. So I've bought her a boat anchor on wheels.
    They tend to be very cheap. My kids last bike was a 24" wheeler and cost about £150 but weighed as much as my downhill bike. She used to really whinge about the climbs :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    68 miles and not a squeak from the bike. Plenty of squeaks from me.

I did look over my shoulder quite a few times on the main drags just in case some tw@t from Bromsgrove in a souped up Citroen C5 was trying to run me over. However, in the full knowledge of his tuning skills, I knew that I could probably pedal faster than the C5.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!