wednesday far away in time

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

lazy day today, shopping, lazy around for a few cafe stops, sunbed, contemplate the volcano

visited pro bike in la santa yesterday, had a chat with the lady there, amazed to find we both once lived in the world's end estate

small world
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Gorgeous walk with The Hound this morning, now a bit of coffee drinking and chilling before a day with the Bambini. May do a bit of motorbike brake caliper rebuilding should the mood take me.

Ciao.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    I fancy a trip to Echo Beach but work is getting in the way.
    I'll settle for a Muffin.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    i'm going to have a doughnut with the first cafe solo
    perhaps martha will be there
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning all, just returned from the sunshine and off to collect a puppy. Ruined the holiday coming home for such a creature.
    A quick gym session a coffee, then wait for the rush hour traffic to feck off before driving to the Peaks.

Ciao
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, woken up at about 4 this morning by the fire brigade after two doors down set fir to something in their garden (hopefully their children) an said fire got a bit lairy taking out some fencing and a tree.
    Bar that not much of note meant to be roasting today so may partake in some lunchtime cider sampling.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Chilled start to the day as I watched a film with the rugrats rather than going for a run. Feel emotionally fulfilled yet unfit

Today is some French town with a nice central square full of overpriced restaurants

Later is beer, BBQ, wine and then rum :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Well looky, looky - it's not raining. OH is at work so household chores (not involving pink Marigolds) will have to be done.

When I originally fitted my Record 11 ergo levels, I used an Alen key :oops: but it's squeaking like a Jenny so me thinks I should be less agricultural and buy a Torx set. My set is of the car type (10mm) and is too wide to slip underneath the hood.
    Whilst I am at it: Look Keo grey plate on left shoe sounds like an old BB with water in it. I did the usual things such as pinching it up very tight and even sprayed silicone on it. Any suggestions?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    Well looky, looky - it's not raining. OH is at work so household chores (not involving pink Marigolds) will have to be done.

When I originally fitted my Record 11 ergo levels, I used an Alen key :oops: but it's squeaking like a Jenny so me thinks I should be less agricultural and buy a Torx set. My set is of the car type (10mm) and is too wide to slip underneath the hood.
    Whilst I am at it: Look Keo grey plate on left shoe sounds like an old BB with water in it. I did the usual things such as pinching it up very tight and even sprayed silicone on it. Any suggestions?

Laters.

Turn up the volume on your earphones to listen to your newly downloaded MP3s
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.

Turn up the volume on your earphones to listen to your newly downloaded MP3s

Great idea except I don't want headphones. I don't listen to tunes on my bike and i'm not Didier Drogba/Bradley Wiggins/Usain Bolt walking around with massive goofy looking headphones on and no one is going to sponsor me to do so.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, why can't things be simple: Find tune > download > put on CD > play in car?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Sat in a waiting room at Great Ormond Street, just been told they're running 45 minutes late, glad we had an early appointment. Bleeding warm out, lots of it about here in big town. Beer later, well it is Wednesday.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    May be buying some kit, any small chance anyone has there CRC code for this month? If not I'll stop being tight
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    First day back in the office for nearly 2 weeks, thankfully it's still holiday season and the minions have been minding the fort pretty well in my absence :) A good if slightly sweaty pedal in has left me very peckish and I'm just trying to sort that problem now.

And on the plus side somebody is having a leaving bash after work so that's a good excuse for a sneaky drink before pedalling home recklessly.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    May be buying some kit, any small chance anyone has there CRC code for this month? If not I'll stop being tight
    Stop being tight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:

EVENTS15.

Try that. If it doesn't work, just get back to me.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Pinno, put black tap on the metal contact pad of the pedal.

Grease does the trick but then the sole of your shoe leaves grease marks where you've walked

Failing that buy some shimano pedals next time. I am!
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Wow, very hot out today. had a spin and a bacon sarnie for a late and long lunch. Back at my desk for an hour before home. May try and fit in a ride before and after sunset.
  • pinno
    Slowmart wrote:
    Pinno, put black tap on the metal contact pad of the pedal.

Soz mate, didn't understand what you meant.

Do you mean the rectangular washer?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Stop being tight.

Erm.........
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Had lunch at a canal side pub. Proper chips and nice pint of bitter.
    As they say round these parts...Bostin'!
  • pinno
    I want my squeaky cleats sorted before tomorrow's epic. Where's slowmart? Why does he talk right proper riddles innit?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Put some grease on your pedal and a blob under the saddle in case the first bit wears off. But and a big BUT remember to take your shoes off before you walk on the carpet after your ride.
  • pinno
    Webboo wrote:
    Put some grease on your pedal and a blob under the saddle in case the first bit wears off. But and a big BUT remember to take your shoes off before you walk on the carpet after your ride.

Where's the rub? Cleat/rubber pad? Cleat/Screws? Cleat/Pedal?

I do not think grease would do because there's zero chaffing on the pedal itself. That's after 300 miles. In the event that I don't find that anything else works, i'll grease the fecker up. Good job we have laminate flooring.
  • slowmart
    Pinno wrote:
    I want my squeaky cleats sorted before tomorrow's epic. Where's slowmart? Why does he talk right proper riddles innit?

Sorry Pino, predictive text b0llox and not checking!

I've got some carbon keo's which used to squeak badly which began came from the contact point between the cleat and the metal plate on the pedal. For whatever reason this was the reason for the squeak.

I googled a number of remedies, one was to smother the contact point in grease. This works for each ride but leaves a grease residue on your cleat. The best remedy I found was to use sticky black tape on the metal plate which makes the pedals silent.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    You could try spraying your foot with WD 40 or that other stuff GT 25 there was some bullsh*t in the media about this working for joint pain :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Stop being tight.

Erm.........
    Do as I say, don't do as I do.
  • pinno
    Slowmart wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Sorry Pino, predictive text b0llox and not checking!

I've got some carbon keo's which used to squeak badly which began came from the contact point between the cleat and the metal plate on the pedal. For whatever reason this was the reason for the squeak.

I googled a number of remedies, one was to smother the contact point in grease. This works for each ride but leaves a grease residue on your cleat. The best remedy I found was to use sticky black tape on the metal plate which makes the pedals silent.

I'm off to remove the cleats 'cos for the life of me, I don't recall any metal parts other then the screws and the washer. Back soon.

@ Webboo = Innotech de-blocker, it's Komatsu/JCB grade.
  • slowmart
    Nooooo!

There isn't any metal plate on the cleat.

It's the metal plate on the pedal. Tape or grease that plate and your sorted. I've tried look cleats with rubber grippers to aid walking and cleats without the rubber and both types of cleat squeak.

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Use SPDs. Problem solved and you don't end up walking funny.
  • pinno
    Slowmart wrote:
    Nooooo!

There isn't any metal plate on the cleat.

It's the metal plate on the pedal. Tape or grease that plate and your sorted. I've tried look cleats with rubber grippers to aid walking and cleats without the rubber and both types of cleat squeak.

Aaah.

I have put a layer of Wynn's black gasket maker between the cleat and the shoe. I'll let you know how I get on.
    (Will grease the plate too).