Bottom Bracket Confusion!

drewesq
drewesq Posts: 137
edited August 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
I might need to replace my bottom bracket on my Bizango. I've just had the old one out and it's a shimano es25 but I didn't note down the other numbers. A guy on another forum (Google searched) reckons it's a 73x126 but the only one I can find with those numbers is an ES300....

Does anyone know if that'll fit?

Cheers all 8)
Cannondale CAADX Disc 2014 Tiagra - Blue
Charge Plug 0
Voodoo Bizango 2015
Ridgeback World Tour (mainly for commuting and holidays)
:mrgreen:

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    if its the Suntour XCM-D 22/36T crank you'll need a 113mm axle width BB. easiest way to check is to measure it. square tapers are cheap enough to buy, a UN-52 is only about £13. measure then go onto chainreaction to get a new one.

square taper BB are normally bullet proof unless its a crapy cup and cone affair.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Current ad says Octolink. So guess it depends on the year.

BB size depends on the crankset - tech docs for that should tell you BB size. You can measure the BB shell.

Did you actually throw the old one away?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • drewesq
    drewesq Posts: 137
    cooldad wrote:
    Current ad says Octolink. So guess it depends on the year.

BB size depends on the crankset - tech docs for that should tell you BB size. You can measure the BB shell.

Did you actually throw the old one away?

No, I took it out, cleaned it up and stuck it back in. I made a note of the 'es25' number but didn't know about the other numbers!

I need to test it tonight, so if it's still creaky I guess I'll need to take it out again anyway so i can check the numbers then. I would've just preferred to have the right part ready to go is all!

I'm starting to understand how many variations of bottom bracket standards and sizes there are and subsequently different tools i might need!!
    Cannondale CAADX Disc 2014 Tiagra - Blue
    Charge Plug 0
    Voodoo Bizango 2015
    Ridgeback World Tour (mainly for commuting and holidays)
    :mrgreen: