IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

Frame: Trek Superfly FS 7 2015
Fork: Rock Shock Reba RL
Handlebar: Easton EC70
Stem: Bontrager Race Lite 90mm
Headset: FSA IS-2, E2, alloy cartridge
Grips: ESI Racer
Brakeset: Shimano BR-M615 hydraulic disc brake with Shimano RT76 180/160mm rotors
Shifter: Shimano Deore M610 rear 10sp shifter
Rear Mech: Shimano XT M768 Shadow+
Saddle: Specialized Phenom Comp
Seat Post: XLC Carbon 400mm
Cranks: FSA F2000 (I removed 22T chainring and only 36T left for now)
Cassette: Shimano HG50, 11-36, 10 speed
Pedals: Shimano XT
Wheelset: DT Swiss M 1700 Spline
Tires: Bontrager XR1 Expert, Tubeless Ready, aramid bead, 29x2.20" (I’m using them tubeless)

I already ordered BLACK by Absoluteblack Narrow Wide Oval 34T chainring from CRC to get rid of my non-narrow wide 36T chainring. I kept my carbon seatpost, handlebar and saddle from my Superior Team Issue 29 (viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13022795). Also got new DT Swiss wheelset as my old Bontrager Mustang wheels was heavy.

I guess my next upgrade will be crankset with new BB and also XT cassette with OneUp Components 42T sprocket.
My first road bike - Tommaso Aggraziato

Comments

• A good bike. The absolute black oval is really good to pedal with and feels funny for a couple of minutes but then you don't notice it after. You get some funny looks from people trying to work it out when you pedal.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • persiks
    persiks Posts: 61
    Thank you, BloggingFit! Don't have much experience with oval chainrings, but AbsoluteBlack marketing videos and reviews inspired me to give a try. I also plan to change stem to something shorter - like 60 or 70mm because this one feels little bit too long and I like the feeling with shorter stems (more aggressive).
  • I wouldn't go much shorter than 70mm as it will start to have a negative impact on the handling. Swapping out for a 725mm wide bar with say 20mm of rise with a 70mm stem will help give a more stable feel to the controls.
  • persiks
    persiks Posts: 61
    Just got my AbsoluteBlack Oval 34T chainring - it looks awesome. I didn't manage to do my first ride with it as there is night out here. Now I'm looking at XT M8000 4pcs groupset (11-42 cassette, chain, XT shifter and rear mech). My first idea was to buy 10sp XT cassette with extender, but friend of mine convinced me that it will basically cost the same.

IMG_0175.jpg
  • Maybe someone knows where I can find shims + screws to optimize my chainline? As you can see I have 2x crankset, with narrow wide chainring.
  • If your ring has a dish on it make sure it's the right way around. The cinch fitment ones certainly do.
  • Actually I put new 11sp drivetrain and it looks kinda in the middle. I got info about factthat those FSA F2000 cranks are actually 3sp cranks and if putting ring in the inner position when chainline is pretty good.

So yesterday received my 11sp XT M8000 drivetrain and yesterday night set it up on my bike. Didn't check how it is performing in trails, but shifting feels really crisp and much better than previous 10sp XT + Deore setup.

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg