Mountain Biking magazine free gift

IanWhite
IanWhite Posts: 85
edited September 2016 in The hub
I give up , been out this morning to do a few thing's in town, ah I though new MBUK mag out I'll go get a copy , every copy I picked up the free gift is missing :roll: :roll: , and that's in all the shops I went to

Unbelievable what's happened to honesty now days :cry:

Any way rant over , Ian

Comments

• kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    IanWhite wrote:
    I give up , been out this morning to do a few thing's in town, ah I though new MBUK mag out I'll go get a copy , every copy I picked up the free gift is missing :roll: :roll: , and that's in all the shops I went to

Unbelievable what's happened to honesty now days :cry:

Any way rant over , Ian

Did you actually ask at the counter/staff about free gift which goes with the magazine?

Or you just checked the magazine package on the shelf ?

Sometimes they keep 'gifts' behind the counter to stop 'people' stealing them / ripping the package etc.
  • IanWhite
    yes checked with the staff , the girl in WH smith's did not even know there should be a gift and went and asked her manager , asked in Tesco's as well and they said they are having the problem more and more :x

Ian
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    why the hell would anyone shoplift a magazine free gift, when they could steal something of actual value from the shop .... normally free gifts on magazines are free for a reason

what was the gift ? .. when ever I look its always a hideous pair of yellow le tour socks that don't fit properly and change shape after the first wash
  • IanWhite
    it was a strap to attach things to your bike, did not need it or want it but could have been handy , never mind

Ian
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    oh don't get me wrong, if it was a free gift I would still have wanted it ... and wouldn't have bought the magazine if it was meant to have it, but it was missing.

I was just trying to justify the mindset of a person that would steal a magazine free gift when they could go steal something valuable in the shop instead
  • gdcfc1
    gdcfc1 Posts: 125
    fat daddy wrote:
    oh don't get me wrong, if it was a free gift I would still have wanted it ... and wouldn't have bought the magazine if it was meant to have it, but it was missing.

I was just trying to justify the mindset of a person that would steal a magazine free gift when they could go steal something valuable in the shop instead

Or they could steal the magazine
    looking into the +1