Turbo trainer forum

Matthewfalle
Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
Now that promises to be an exciting little baby - some may say thrilling.

I know it's one I'll definitely be following like a hawk.......
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    As long as it's not below Bottom Bracket in the forum pecking order I don't give a t0ss. But seriously, this is the cycling equivalent of a forum about running on a treadmill. WTF?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    They gave me some very useful information last year about which Beta Curve to run with my Cyclops Fluid 2 on Trainer Road on Virtual Power ! You never know when you might need some help!
  • Matthewfalle
    There's already been a brilliant thread about how to stop your front forks from sitting on the ground while you ride your bike indoors after you have taken your front wheel off, so it seems that there are virtually unlimited nuggets of information available.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    There's already been a brilliant thread about how to stop your front forks from sitting on the ground while you ride your bike indoors after you have taken your front wheel off, so it seems that there are virtually unlimited nuggets of information available.

I hang the front end of my bike from the ceiling using a rope. This also has the benefit of minimising rolling resistance. I'm dead clever me.
  • aberdeenal
    aberdeenal Posts: 200
    Garry H wrote:

I hang the front end of my bike from the ceiling using a rope. This also has the benefit of minimising rolling resistance. I'm dead clever me.

Do you use sky hooks for that and if so, where did you get them? :lol:
  • Garry H
    Keep it quiet. Marginal gains...
  • Matthewfalle
    AberdeenAl wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

I sent the pleb down to get my sky hooks and a long weight at the same time - two birds one stone.

Good thinking re the sky hooks/wheel though - enables you to practice wheelies at the same time.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    edited August 2016
    AberdeenAl wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

I sent the pleb down to get my sky hooks and a long weight at the same time - two birds one stone.

Good thinking re the sky hooks/wheel though - enables you to practice wheelies at the same time.

Were they all out of elbow grease and left-handed hammers?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    This indoor training thing needs a mountain biking solution. MTFU and ride outside :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Turbo training should be limited to winter months only.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Turbo training should be limited to winter months only.

Only for the old and weak though .. I use the turbo all through the summer ... Dunno where you live but around here the only groups of people racing at 11pm at night or 4:30 in the morning are online

Love getting an hour of race in, complete with sprint sections, climbs etc before my ride to work ..... That said I bonked on the way to work the other week after doing an hour at the bkool velodrome