sizzling saturday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

dawn is lightening the sky behind the volcanos, shiny bike has been assembled and soon i ride

was 30-ish yesterday, nice to have sun and warmth after another poor showing by the uk weather this summer

bought 84 cans of beer on the way from the airport, only realised last night the wonderful news that due to a special offer all 84 have an extra 14% of beer, that's almost an extra twelve cans, chin chin

bit more shopping later, then it will be sunbed time
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Sun is shining but a tad of breeze but absolutely nothing to moan about. Off to work for an hour then chill in' with BAmbino - should be grand.

Ciao for now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    went up to yaiza to check everything works ok and sip the first cafe solo of the trip, then back through los hervideros, 'the swoopy road of pointy death' in the notably compact local dialect, nice 40k loop

the sun is shining, as i zoomed along i laughed out loud and my shiny bike howled to the volcanoes that gave it birth
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Surely this thread should be called 'Womble Wedding Saturday' given that Seano is signing his life away again today.

We're deciding what to do in Sixfingerland before headed home.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    We're deciding what to do in Sixfingerland before headed home.

Run a few of them over. 30 mph is enough or else you'll ruin the front grille.

Keep up the prose sungod, Hemingway would be proud of you.

Me still recovering me. Non stop rain for 2 days. I see MF's back with his different perspective on things.
    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Surely this thread should be called 'Womble Wedding Saturday' given that Seano is signing his life away again today.
    I'd forgotten about that, poor chap.
    Traditional slow start has been had, now sat on the couch mustering energy to sort some stuff out. Going for a celebratory meal tonight for the boy's AS results. He's certainly not a chip off the old block in that respect mercifully.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Off to the King Power later to watch the Champions of England hopefully hand out Wenger's P45.

Backs a little better , only hurts after prolonged periods of being sat down, Think I ll have plenty to be out off my seat about later despite the Taylor report.

Car boot sale at the Ship in Wells really is something quite special on a Saturday Morning Stevo, You might find something " Fluted" for Pinno but it will be off a lawn mower.

P.S Stevo only joking , don't do it! its like the shop in Royston Vasey.
  • pinno
    Like this one Stevo:

mHllCl5B7xj7ftwcq9fIEJg.jpg

Vintage-CAMPAGNOLO-CHORUS-Aero-Seat-Post.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Like this one Stevo:

Funny looking razor, that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Car boot sale at the Ship in Wells really is something quite special on a Saturday Morning Stevo, You might find something " Fluted" for Pinno but it will be off a lawn mower.

P.S Stevo only joking , don't do it! its like the shop in Royston Vasey.
    Had to dodge the craft fair at Burnham Market as well. Went down the beach at Cley in the end then drove home. Have a good one next week - if you're still there next Saturday, there's an 80's revival gig at Holkham featuring Big Country, Go West and Level 42 :)
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Like this one Stevo:

Funny looking razor, that.

That's a Cracking Idea Stevo, get it patented before Tullio gets the machine shop in Vicenza knocking them out along side the corkscrews ( need something to do now the Romanians are making all the " proper stuff " )

Will be at the gig in Holkham. I know a way in via Burnham Thorpe that Lord Coke aint got covered. And fancy getting some better value ofF the Earl of Leicester after the Kings and the Clowns of Ashburton grove did me for nearly a one'r and no bloody entertainment today.
  • pinno
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Like...
    Funny...that.

Will be at the gig in Holkham. I know a way in via Burnham Thorpe that Lord Coke aint got covered. And fancy getting some better value ofF the Earl of Leicester after the Kings and the Clowns of Ashburton grove did me for nearly a one'r and no bloody entertainment today.

Can someone translate please?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Like...
    Funny...that.

Easy:
    1. Tim is sneaking into an 80's gig in Norfolk because he's too tight to pay the entry fee :)
    2. The Leicester-Arsenal game was shyte.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Like...
    Funny...that.

Easy:
    1. Tim is sneaking into an 80's gig in Norfolk because he's too tight to pay the entry fee :)
    2. The Leicester-Arsenal game was shyte.

1 week in Narfuk and you speak fluent wotsit. Well impressed me.
  • Stevo_666
    The first phrase you learn is 'Are you local?'
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Up here, the moment you walk into a pub, you're thrown into a pub quiz: "Who the farq are you?"
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Up here, the moment you walk into a pub, you're thrown into a pub quiz: "Who the farq are you?"
    Until now I was thinking more like the pub scene in 'American Werewolf in London'.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=07FdVcspOfQ
  • tim_wand
    Thanks for helping our less Erudite friend Stevo.

Basically Lord Coke the Earl Of Leicester Owns Holkham Hall in Norfolk were I m going to attempt to slip the wire and re live my youth next week ( although I ve well and truly given the bloody game away now )

And yes the Leicester Arsenal game at the King Power Stadium Yesterday was indeed Shite! and cost me £98 for me and the Father in Law ( A Leicester fan ) to attend.

Although seeing Bellerin's challenge on Mussa , back , The Foxes were probably more robbed than me!
    Pukka Pie was only £2,80 as well, but no Bovril.
  • pinno
    tim wand wrote:
    Bovril.

Jeezo.