Bike came with wrong tyres

bluemoon81
bluemoon81 Posts: 71
edited August 2016 in MTB general
Hi,

Just a quick bit of advice, Picked my new bike up last week and stupidly didnt check what tyres were on it and just noticed today that it has 2 MAXXIS MINION DHR II FOLDING 3C EXO TR fitted when it should of come with a DHF 2 and a Ardent on the rear.
Should i phone the company up and complain as it will be an expensive outlay to change one or 2 tyres to the correct ones.
what everyone reckon?

Thanks

Comments

• JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    edited August 2016
    Call them, what have you got to lose. They may say they ran out and fitted appropriate replacements - are the current tyres a problem then???

Also is there a "correct" tyre for a particular bike??????? Isn't it down to personal preference??? (Obviously discounting unsuitable tyres such as slicks etc)
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    you got the better deal TBH - anyway there would be small print that says the spec can change.

what bike it is?
  • It's for a tallboy 3 so they feel so slow and draggy
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    bluemoon81 wrote:
    It's for a tallboy 3 so they feel so slow and draggy

if you can afford an overpriced bike like that you can afford to buy a tyre FFS
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    POAH wrote:
    you got the better deal TBH - anyway there would be small print that says the spec can change.

what bike it is?
    This - have a look at wherever you bought it from and see if it mentions this, or on the santa cruz website. With nearly all bikes these days it will say "spec subject to change without notice". Please do this before you phone the bike shop and start demanding things. Nobody likes those people.

Also, when spending that money on a bike, you should be fully expecting to be changing anything that's personal preference:
    - tyres
    - grips
    - pedals
    - seat.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • If it was me, I would give the store a call. Regardless of whether there is small print, the reality is they haven't met your expectations. Legally, you might not have much if a chance, however I'm sure the store would want to look after you.

If nothing else, you'll get to understand what their customer service is like, which might help you decide if you become a more regular customer?