We've Been Undermined! (Literally)

tim_wand
tim_wand Posts: 2,552
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
Shed dwelling sweaty sufferfest static " veloists " have usurped us from our rightful position at the bottom of the pile. W.T.F.

Its not even the end of August and they have secured bottom place on the forum ! I ll admit they have migrated in some threads I have turned to myself in the past, but not until October at the very earliest!

Perverts the bloody lot of them! Worse than Communters in my eyes.

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    As a person that lives off the "new posts" button and never sees the separate sections, this post made little to no sense to me .... I finally caught on though.

thanks for the tipoff ... thanks to zwift, I now do an hours turbo every morning before my daily commute to work :D ... guess that makes me the worst of the worst, a summer turbo user that commutes
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    would it be wrong of me to post the picture of my daughter's bike on the turbo? It looks really good and her ipad sits nicely on a cushion in the basket on the front. She is using it in the summer, but only because she still can't ride outside due to the dizzy spells.
  • fat daddy wrote:
    thanks for the tipoff ... thanks to zwift, I now do an hours turbo every morning before my daily commute to work :D ... guess that makes me the worst of the worst, a summer turbo user that commutes

Turbo season starts properly for me at the start of September. As that's when it's still dark at 6am, so I'm turboing. I guess not going out when it's dark is pretty bad too, add that to the list :D
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Ahh I don't feel so bad now ... I get up at 5am and it's dark now, (although light enough by 5:30) so I feel less bad about doing it
  • tim_wand
    Veronese68 wrote:
    would it be wrong of me to post the picture of my daughter's bike on the turbo? It looks really good and her ipad sits nicely on a cushion in the basket on the front. She is using it in the summer, but only because she still can't ride outside due to the dizzy spells.

Dedicated juniors who aspire to be the Next Laura Trott don't count they are merely optimising the marginal gains theory.

Speaking of such heros ( sorry I don't wander far from the banter threads into serious cycling ) any one heard anything of Colin Poker Face in this Pre Para Olympic period?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    This is just not on. I feel a long whine and a protest coming on.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    We need a formal protest. Nobody steals our position at the bottom of the pile !
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    I've helped to clarify your request :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tim_wand
    Good Lad Pinno , I knew I could rely on you to keep us at the bottom of the heap.
    If they don't respond in the appropriate manner well have to dig Seanno or sum Mumsnet favourites up again.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I've helped to clarify your request :)

Cheers.

It's time the rest of the lilly livered brethrens and sisters of this part of the forum showed us if they have any cajones...
  • pinno
    'Lad' :roll: I suppose I should take it as a compliment.
  • tim_wand
    Sorry Pinno, didn't mean to condescend my seniors, Its all those pictures of Stevos dog made me come over all avuncular.
  • pinno
    tim wand wrote:
    Sorry Pinno, didn't mean to condescend my seniors, Its all those pictures of Stevos dog made me come over all avuncular.

Why hasn't 'mutley' had that effect on him?!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Success! Back to the bottom of the dung heap.
    Thanks Josh.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thanks Pinno.

FTFY :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thanks Pinno.

FTFY :roll:
    Blimey, never knew you could move the forums around. Respect :)
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Not sure the vintage section sits in the right place...just sayin' like :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:

You can always move your deck chair :P
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:

T47 has his own forum section?! :)
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:

I was confused the other day when Pinno referred to your Hound as a replacement Mop Head!
    Thought T47B had replaced the Isetta, then realised that was a Moped!

Still on the plus side I ve heard they ve asked to use it as the Derny in the Next Keirin, no bugger would half wheel that.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I'vejust stumbled upon this and am happy to see that something I didn't know about has been sorted without me knowing about it. Good, good, carry on there, as you were......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:

I was confused the other day when Pinno referred to your Hound as a replacement Mop Head!

Still on the plus side I ve heard they ve asked to use it as the Derny in the Next Keirin, no bugger would half wheel that.

Great idea TW but there's no way a) it will hit 35kph and b) it will stay up the bankings (unless you fit a decent set of tubs to it). I certainly know that the 'jockey' won't slow it down any.

As an after thought - could we run the bubble on Nitrous?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Great idea TW but there's no way a) it will hit 35kph and b) it will stay up the bankings (unless you fit a decent set of tubs to it). I certainly know that the 'jockey' won't slow it down any.

As an after thought - could we run the bubble on Nitrous?
    It's basically just an ancient Smart car, so this is the best thing for it:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9iKGfo1wmOM
  • pinno
    ^ Did you see the Fraud Crocus they crashed at 120mph?