flying friday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off on hols for a while with my shiny bike, cycling, sunbed, beer, the trinity, so i though i'd cheer up pinno with the news :)

all have a lovely day
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Where are you off to this time SG? It must be a fortnight since your last holiday. I think I need another holiday.
    Glad it's Fryday, feels like it's been a long week. Particularly happy as it's cake Fryday so that should help me maintain my god like figure.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    On a ferry and just missed the cut for the decent restaurant :(
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    What time did you have to leave home? :shock: If you're staying near Lemons I hope you're on the Portsmouth-Caen ferry.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Hadn't really noticed it was Friday, they're all the same to us unemployed bums.

Mum arrived in town this morning, off a cruise ship. She's picked up inevitable cold from a boatload of Typhoid Mary types, so the rest of the day was spent looking after her. Given what she's put up with over the decades, nice to be able to repay some of the kindnesses. Chicken soup was the order of the day.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Damn, beaten to it :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    TLW1 wrote:

Will you have a drive around some of the 'Lemons' racetrack in your family hybrid?

Me mowstly on here annoying you lot me.
    Heard a funny noise emanating from the drive train yesterday. When I looked closely, there were two missing links installed. That'll teach me to clean my chain a bit more often.Seems like that fail a week ago was a chain and not a link fail so ordered a proper Campag one.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    So they weren't Campag bits in the first place? Tut tut.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Didn't someone here have a 'thing' about quick link failures? Whatever happened to him, I wonder :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Will you have a drive around some of the 'Lemons' racetrack in your family hybrid?
    I went round some of it in the Alfa a few years back, got told off by the Mrs when I demonstrated the saw tooth kerbs around Indianapolis. :D
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Heard a funny noise emanating from the drive train yesterday. When I looked closely, there were two missing links installed. That'll teach me to clean my chain a bit more often.Seems like that fail a week ago was a chain and not a link fail so ordered a proper Campag one.

Laters.

I have three on my chain.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Laters.

3?! How come? Was it an over shortening exercise that went wrong? I mean these modern 'bushless' links with the two plates that don't actually meet in the middle* don't go back together.

*Weight and lubrication purposes I believe.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    What time did you have to leave home? :shock: If you're staying near Lemons I hope you're on the Portsmouth-Caen ferry.

3am and Dover - Calais :)
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

You really need to be in charge of booking holiday travel in your household...
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

She got the time wrong as we would have never got round the m25 for a 10am crossing but re the route - I prefer a shorter crossing and then blatting up the empty French roads
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Laters.

3?! How come? Was it an over shortening exercise that went wrong? I mean these modern 'bushless' links with the two plates that don't actually meet in the middle* don't go back together.

*Weight and lubrication purposes I believe.

Yes, your assumption is correct. Distracted by a three year old. Chain works fine though.
  • Garry H
    Went to graveyard in Galashiels this morning and got four steel wheels, good as new.

Now drinking Old Pultney.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Went to graveyard in Galashiels this morning and got four steel wheels, good as new.

?1 You'll have to elaborate on that one.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

She got the time wrong as we would have never got round the m25 for a 10am crossing but re the route - I prefer a shorter crossing and then blatting up the empty French roads
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

?1 You'll have to elaborate on that one.

Stupid farkin autowriting thing. "Scrapyard" in Galashiels. The H doesn't stand for Hare!