Our position...

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,330
Dear Sirs

Re.: viewforum.php?f=40121

Ever since the Bottom Bracket was created, we have enjoyed our place at the bottom of the heap. It's a sort of badge; an inverted egotism and in our imagination, a contrived link to our metaphorical roots in the sewers, dark alleys and underpasses which litter this land from North to South. M1 to M8, Glasgow to Luton: they're all the same.

We therefore ask you kindly to restore out position as the current one is untenable and will manifest as a deep insecurity in all of us. Now, you don't want to be the architects of depression and anxiety amongst an already despicable populace of Bracketeers, so this plea is to prevent the tinkers, fakirs, rogues and skulking loafers that we are from dissent. I won't say they might start revolting because they already are. If you see what I mean.

Looking forward to a reply at your earliest possible convenience.

Pinno

PS Any spare Wiggle vouchers going?
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    As one of the Bottom Bracket bottom feeders I resent our elevation in the forum. We know we are the lowest of the low (Except commuters obviously) and demand that our rightful place is restored to us.
    Otherwise we may begin to get ideas above our station.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    What the OP is trying to say is that when you look at the order of sub-forums in the Roadie section, Bottom Bracket has always been the last one. Someone added the turbo and indoor training section below it without realising the traditional place of Bottom Bracket.

The bottom feeders hereby demand their symbolic status as the lowest form of life in the road section to be restored.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Com on Mods play the game. You know we are a Cranially limited bunch, If we actually need to search the forum for our place you could end up with all sorts of irreverent tosh all over the place.

Besides Indoor and Turbo in August are you enabling the Agoraphobics of this world, I thought it was " Get out and Ride "
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Considering the bottom bracket really is the bottom of the barrel it does seem appropriate, that's before we get into how low some of the humour or the average IQ in there is. But to be honest it's just that we're old and struggle to see properly so just click on the bottom of the road forum out of habit and you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    training, health, fitness are all great concepts but bottom bracket is the real world, frequented by real cyclists who live on beer, curry and fried pig products therefore it should be kept physically well away from these other weird pursuits lest it should cause the pudgy fingered greasy slobs to prod the wrong forum title and force their depravity into the wrong section and warp the minds of the pure of thought resulting in an increase of Bottom Bracketeers, stop this spread whilst you still have some, albeit small, control of this forum.

38c outside, 29c inside, don't make me ride a bicycle :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Consider yourselves firmly back at the bottom of the pile.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Pinno - I've been stockpiling all sorts of bits and bobs this year for the second annual Christmas competition. I know the anticipation of what is in a box under my desk is probably unbearable, so I'll let you in on a secret... There are no Wiggle vouchers.

Cheers!
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    joshjevans wrote:
    ...so I'll let you in on a secret... There are no Wiggle vouchers.

Don't worry - i'll have cash instead.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • :lol:
    BikeRadar Communities Manager