Webbed toes Wednesday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
Morning (just)

Another morning of not a lot. Took hound for a walk. Found a dead rabbit in the road which Muttley seemed quite keen on, but not half as keen as he was on the weasel that shot across the road and into the hedgerow.

We're headed off to Sandringham shortly for a wander round and see how some of the inbreds live :)
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Bollox, beat me by *that* much...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Thats what the Aussies are saying about the Olympic medal table as well I hear :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Thats what the Aussies are saying about the Olympic medal table as well I hear :wink:
    Yeah, almost, but it's hardly even close.. we're having an Epic Fail and GB is killing it. :lol:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yeah, almost, but it's hardly even close.. we're having an Epic Fail and GB is killing it. :lol:
    Look on the bright side, you're doing better than the Kiwis.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Working from home to catch up on work isn't going to plan :(

Builders in getting the drive ready for tarmac - might be time to take up skateboarding :)

Later is the pub
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    First day back at work, it's been a long working week already. I'm all 8 of the seven dwarves at once. Grumpy, Dozy, Scruffy, Sleepy, Wheezy, Grouchy, Achy and Arsey. Long trip home, left Tuscany Saturday morning and went to Padova to see my sister, quick trip into Venice on Sunday morning followed by dinner with family in Verona that evening. Monday we drove to Switzerland and I went to see a customer and took him out for dinner. Long drive home yesterday so struggling a bit today. Spoken to a few of my customers and they are happy to have me back. I think this is more of a reflection on the incompetence of the rest of the office than any comment on my capabilities. Going out tonight for a pub wobble to help lessen the pain of coming home.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    edited August 2016
    Second day back after a week and a bit in Morzine avoiding dying on the mtb/from copius drinking, still coming down. We got very very sideways on the bike and the drink, perfect week.
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    Second day back after a week and a bit in Morzine avoiding dying on the mtb/from copius drinking, still coming down. We got very very sideways on the bike and the wee-wee, perfect week.
    Colleague was in Morzine a couple of weeks ago, said it was really good. Unfortunately one of his mates got airlifted to hospital after a big off. They were trying to fix a hole in his leg on the trailside when someone noticed all the claret leaking out from under his back.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Second day back after a week and a bit in Morzine avoiding dying on the mtb/from copius drinking, still coming down. We got very very sideways on the bike and the wee-wee, perfect week.
    Colleague was in Morzine a couple of weeks ago, said it was really good. Unfortunately one of his mates got airlifted to hospital after a big off. They were trying to fix a hole in his leg on the trailside when someone noticed all the claret leaking out from under his back.

Was he OK in the end? We saw a guy get airlifted on trails under the lift from Linderets to Avoriaz last Wednesday, no idea what happened to him but it didn't look pretty. I had a massive OTB on the first day on the Pleney unmarked steep stuff and a few smaller crashes but aside from that I got away injury free
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    No Morzine for me alas but a nice long walk with all the family around Loch Trool on this very good day.

Long pedal tomorrow whilst I figure out how we got from that bawly thing from the hospital to school which starts tomorrow.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    Was he OK in the end?
    Yes he's ok, had to stay another week as he was still in hospital. The problem was when he fell the handlebar stuck in his side.
    As an aside I saw a nice bike for Piña whilst I was away, leant up against a bottle shop window:
    IMG_1221.jpg
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Was he OK in the end?
    Yes he's ok, had to stay another week as he was still in hospital. The problem was when he fell the handlebar stuck in his side.
    As an aside I saw a nice bike for Piña whilst I was away, leant up against a bottle shop window:
    IMG_1221.jpg

That bike would look great with some carbon bling
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    needs silver chainrings.

Just back from a couple of hours in the sunshine washing down lunch. now time to pedal home and light the bbq.
  • pinno
    Needs a decent Campag groupset and a fluted seatpin. I do like the bottle of Chianti(?) in the cage. That's for proper wobbles.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Was he OK in the end?
    IMG_1221.jpg
    You'd need the bottle of wine to be seen riding something like that. Do you get a free stick on beard with it?
  • pinno
    I'm not going to bite, just try to educate the philistine.

Colnago = History, Tradition, Craftsmanship, Success, The Rolls Royce of bike frames.
    LaPierre, Kona, Muddyfox, Orange etc etc = Scaffolding
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    No Morzine for me alas but a nice long walk with all the family around Loch Trool on this very good day.

Long pedal tomorrow whilst I figure out how we got from that bawly thing from the hospital to school which starts tomorrow.

Laters.

Tears at the school gate. Some of them from the kids.
  • Stevo_666
    Colnago sounds like something that Italians clean their teeth with :)

And even Orange dont make lugged frames :wink: