Sidi's Strange Sizing

Occam's Chainsaw
Occam's Chainsaw Posts: 12
edited August 2016 in MTB general
Hello everyone !

I've recently got hold of a pair of Empire VR90's. They're quite lovely to look at, but they do not fit me well.

I started to think about going all out on a pair of Sidi and consider myself done with shoes for a long while.

Still, I'm facing a new challenge. What size to order ?

I can't try them on.

My foot is 287mm long, which equals a 44.5 for Fi'zik, ends up between 45 and 46 for Giro, and a whopping 47/48 for Sidi!

Has anyone here faced such differences in sizing ? Would a 47 really fit ?

Thanks a lot for reading !

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Either find somewhere to try them on, or order and send them back if they don't fit. Postage is only a few £s and Sidi shoes are stupid prices, so it's a drop in the ocean.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Either find somewhere to try them on, or order and send them back if they don't fit. Postage is only a few £s and Sidi shoes are stupid prices, so it's a drop in the ocean.

Thank you for your reply !

Sure, but I'd rather avoid the annoyance of having to send them back and forth. And those differences are quite spectacular...
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Shoes are something I'd never buy online. It's well paying a bit extra to get them from a shop so you can try them on.
    There's also differences in width and shape between different brands so you might find Sidi just don't fit you. I can't wear them.
  • kammybear
    kammybear Posts: 500
    I gambled and bought a pair of sidis at my normal shoe size and they fit perfectly...
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I find it hard enough to get normal trainers that fit, but my feet are a bit unusually shaped, I'd only buy shoes online after trying some on elsewhere to be honest otherwise I'd be going through about 15 pairs!

Shame Sketchers don't make cycling shoes as their trainers are by far and away the most reliable fit for me!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.