Five Ten Stealth "issue".....?

JGTR
JGTR Posts: 1,404
edited August 2016 in MTB general
Hi all

Had my Stealths for approx 8 months and don't ride a great deal, 2-3 times a month if that - the right sole is quite badly damaged and has got a small hole right through to the base plate, using Nano X pedals - is this normal? I expected them to last a bit longer - I can't really see it being a problem with the shoe but I can't afford new shoes every year :shock:

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Which pins have you fitted to the pedals?
    The long pins will rip the sole of the shoes to bits.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    There's the downside of super grippy rubber.
    I know people who get through a couple pairs a year.
    The wear combined with them being made from the most absorbant material known to man are the reasons I'd never buy another pair.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    I am using the large pins so will try the smaller ones, I don't struggle for grip so smaller pins should be ok. Shame as I really like flats now, don't want to have to buy new shoes every year :-(
  • my stealth (on impact vxi) was torn apart (3 holes), probably after a month of use of nano-x (they have quite thin pins), or maybe just after a year of using my shoes (don't know)