Norfolking Work Monday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
Morning Wage Slaves,

Slow start to the day. Coffee provided in the cottage is actually quite nice. Muttley has discovered a new Olympic sport and claimed the gold medal for gigging up mole hills in the garden. He not found any moles but has had a good go.

Right, time for brekky...
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Your obviously not in Lugger Cottage were we stay, Coffees naff and Mrs W works for the tax evading mermaid.

Prolapsed disc l5/6 and the shame of losing to the mug mashers has resulted in a duvet day. ( did disc trying to index new 42t expander on MTB. should have put it in the work stand )

Pub in Burnham that used to be the jockey is about the only one that shows footy/ used to be owned by Alan Miller ex Arsenal Keeper, otherwise you ll be looking at Wells.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Back from a trip up country in spectacular weather. Had a walk through nearby rainforest this morning for an hour or so, in incredible stillness, just the whip bird calls and a small waterfall to break the utter silence. Heaven.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Your obviously not in Lugger Cottage were we stay, Coffees naff and Mrs W works for the tax evading mermaid.

Prolapsed disc l5/6 and the shame of losing to the mug mashers has resulted in a duvet day. ( did disc trying to index new 42t expander on MTB. should have put it in the work stand )

Pub in Burnham that used to be the jockey is about the only one that shows footy/ used to be owned by Alan Miller ex Arsenal Keeper, otherwise you ll be looking at Wells.
    There was one called The Nelson near the general store east of the green that had sport on the box on Saturday eve - might have been that one?

We're staying to the South West but its a bloody long walk so they were stretching a point a bit about it being walkable. And youre right, the parking is a batch.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Actually just googled Lugger Cottage and its about 100 yards south of that pub on the same road. So probably is the one you were thinking of.
  • tim_wand
    Yep Nelson is the former jockey, Alans long gone, can be found playing cricket for Holkham at the hall occasionally, surprisingly enough he's a wicket keeper.

Nelson at Burnham Thorpe is a lot better, just remember to take bike lights if you cycle down , its as black as the hat on the way back. Café bar at North Creake abbey is also very good.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    60km ride up to the top of the lake this morning, took the boys fishing but couldn't find any decent pools along the river. Just back from the pool to get a bit of shade and wine.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Back from a trip up country in spectacular weather. Had a walk through nearby rainforest this morning for an hour or so, in incredible stillness, just the whip bird calls and a small waterfall to break the utter silence. Heaven.

Isn't it Great to hear the silence, a rare treat these days :D

I spent the morning changing bushes (on the isetta gear linkage) I think the old ones date back to the 70's and were in fact pre-sucked pontifract cakes :D

CBDC8206-A172-4B41-AE67-0F996BF45529.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Wheelspinner
    team47b wrote:

This place... at the bottom of quite a steep pathway, with pretty much zero breeze, just early morning cool air, maybe 10 degrees. This photo was a 6 second exposure, and even at that there's almost no movement blur in the fronds at all, just a fraction here and there. Glorious spot.

28966206846_ca286e6d3c_b.jpg
  • team47b
    team47b wrote:

This place... at the bottom of quite a steep pathway, with pretty much zero breeze, just early morning cool air, maybe 10 degrees. This photo was a 6 second exposure, and even at that there's almost no movement blur in the fronds at all, just a fraction here and there. Glorious spot.

28966206846_ca286e6d3c_b.jpg

Great photo :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Afternoon flatland wanderers, jungle rats and OCD bubble owners.

Couldn't replace those bushes with the new generation Poly bushes by any stretch of the imagination T47?

http://www.polybush.co.uk

Made to order?:

http://www.polyurethanemanufacturers.co.uk

Me went up Merrick with 5 year old Toots 1 today me. Fantastic 4 mile walk straight up and very rocky on bits but just like T47''s problem, i'm bushed too. I only fell over once. Need to find the energy to cook dinner for them as the OH has abandoned me for work purposes.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Yep Nelson is the former jockey, Alans long gone, can be found playing cricket for Holkham at the hall occasionally, surprisingly enough he's a wicket keeper.

Nelson at Burnham Thorpe is a lot better, just remember to take bike lights if you cycle down , its as black as the hat on the way back. Café bar at North Creake abbey is also very good.
    Cheers Tim, we will probably go there tonight as Strifey failed to buy all the stuff she needed to cook fajitas - thankfully :D

How many times have you stayed round this way btw?
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

Cheers Tim, we will probably go there tonight as Strifey failed to buy all the stuff she needed to cook fajitas - thankfully :D

Sadly , every year twice a year for at least the last decade, She talked me out of Sicily in favour for Sardinia the last two years , but I still need my Norfolk fix. Pop down most weekends were both off in the Summer too.

Think the Bloke who owns Fat Birds lives opposite ( bit further up ) the Nelson in Burnham Market.
  • team47b
    Pinno wrote:
    Afternoon flatland wanderers, jungle rats and OCD bubble owners.

Couldn't replace those bushes with the new generation Poly bushes by any stretch of the imagination T47?

http://www.polybush.co.uk

Made to order?:

http://www.polyurethanemanufacturers.co.uk

I had five new ones in the box, they should last for the next 20 years or so, it's only gear linkage rods, I like the idea of poly sleeved steel ones for my suspension at some point, must buy some whilst the company are still in Europe to avoid import duties :roll:

Thanks for the link :D
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:

Sadly , every year twice a year for at least the last decade, She talked me out of Sicily in favour for Sardinia the last two years , but I still need my Norfolk fix. Pop down most weekends were both off in the Summer too.

Think the Bloke who owns Fat Birds lives opposite ( bit further up ) the Nelson in Burnham Market.

Bought my Van Nicholas from Fat Birds, not sure how many of those weird bikes Stevo rides they sell though.

Enjoy the football Stevo, looks like your game is the designated 0-0 for the opening weekend :|
  • Enjoy your hols Stevo. I love Norfolk, went there a few weeks back (I mentioned it on another thread). We asked the people who run our campsite why they didn't market it more. They thought it would bring more folk in, and they weren't sure about that. 'Nuff said. And the mountain biking is great :lol:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Enjoy the football Stevo, looks like your game is the designated 0-0 for the opening weekend :|
    Oh yeah? :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    Enjoy your hols Stevo. I love Norfolk, went there a few weeks back (I mentioned it on another thread). We asked the people who run our campsite why they didn't market it more. They thought it would bring more folk in, and they weren't sure about that. 'Nuff said. And the mountain biking is great :lol:
    Cheers BBG. We like a fair bit as we keep going back from time to time. Stropteen doesnt like it though as she can't get good internet access and thinks its for old people...she might be partly right.
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Whoever he is he should be given a prize for his company name :)

Went to the Lord Nelson tonight, was very good apart from there were a bunch of bloody folk singers in the next room belting out crap like 'whisky in the jar' and 'I am sailing'. Fark off you beardy tw@ts!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Perhaps not the best choice of wine to order on a date.

0104kxe92q0uf_375x500.jpg
  • pinno
    Could have had this:

oldgit1.jpg

(Bloody good stuff it is - try the Chiraz)
  • ballysmate
    Stevo's a cider man.

cripple-cock-vintage-cider-stoneware_360_5d8bd364abaefcf0f4181c3cf132dc48.jpg
  • pinno
    He needs to buy mutley a pint, the tight fisted squeaky 4rse Smoggy:

caskclip_dogs_1107.gif
  • Wheelspinner
    Those Kiwis are such a laugh, eh?
    Uqzjxp5HTNmZ7TAipK0nWA_375x500.jpg
  • ballysmate
    16204230146_ee02beeb76_b.jpg

Or as it is more commonly known, Bud.
  • pinno
    Kiwi's :roll: My brother's turning into one. Talks real funny.

Christmas is coming:

20061126-santa.jpg
  • ballysmate
    Our antipodean cousins are a cultured lot eh?
    Not as refined as us.
  • pinno
    Good at Cricket but sh1t at cycling :D
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Enjoy your hols Stevo. I love Norfolk, went there a few weeks back (I mentioned it on another thread). We asked the people who run our campsite why they didn't market it more. They thought it would bring more folk in, and they weren't sure about that. 'Nuff said. And the mountain biking is great :lol:

There were letters in the local press about the dualling of the A11, some saying it shouldn't be done as it would mean the county would be swamped by outsiders. I do believe they were actually serious, usually narrow-minded pensioners who hanker for the 1950's again.
  • Hi I am a few mins from where your speaking about. It's a nice place to live. The owner of FB does indeed live locally he's a friend of mine. If your interested the shop do club rides Saturday's and Thursday's pm me for times etc if you want. There are some good cycling routes locally assuming your not local you may not know them so I'd be happy to help ! There are also some great places to eat including Eric's fish and chips thornham. (Probably the best fish and chips I've eaten and they sell PUNK IPA) :-D
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    tim wand wrote:
    Whoever he is he should be given a prize for his company name :)

Went to the Lord Nelson tonight, was very good apart from there were a bunch of bloody folk singers in the next room belting out crap like 'whisky in the jar' and 'I am sailing'. Fark off you beardy tw@ts!

Ah!!!!!!!!!! The dreaded choral society. We went the night Cilla Black died, it was cringe worthy, they did a medley tribute, I couldn't hold back the tears of laughter ; My Mrs said a bit too loudly " Well if she aint dead they ve definitely killed her off now " :oops:

The Barge in Wells Harbour is a good place to sit and watch the sun go down, as the Mrs and Bin Lids queue for a fish supper at Frenchies ( its like Oxford street on Black Monday )