Hi all

vysie
vysie Posts: 34
edited August 2016 in Road beginners
First of all thanks mods for activating my account, new to road riding having ridden mtb full sus and hard tails all my life well a friend sold me his specialized sectuer sport triple really cheap bikes only done 100 miles so not used at all its the right frame size to well took it for a spin and didn't no what to expect having never rode one before much faster was my first thought second was nimble as hell a little bumpy compared to an mtb pushin 40 psi now running 100psi in road tires.
I've got to collect his shoes when I'm back for the pedals as there clips so we shall see how that goes. The plan is to start using it for work and rides out with a few lads from work it's 4 miles each way currently using my motorbike and the rear tires not even warm before I stop so this way I'll improve fitness keep miles down on my motorbike and car stays on the drive even longer,
But for now I'm enjoying the sun in Italy so happy holidays folks

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Vysie wrote:
    First of all thanks mods for activating my account, new to road riding having ridden mtb full sus and hard tails all my life well a friend sold me his specialized sectuer sport triple really cheap bikes only done 100 miles so not used at all its the right frame size to well took it for a spin and didn't no what to expect having never rode one before much faster was my first thought second was nimble as hell a little bumpy compared to an mtb pushin 40 psi now running 100psi in road tires.
    I've got to collect his shoes when I'm back for the pedals as there clips so we shall see how that goes. The plan is to start using it for work and rides out with a few lads from work it's 4 miles each way currently using my motorbike and the rear tires not even warm before I stop so this way I'll improve fitness keep miles down on my motorbike and car stays on the drive even longer,

Welcome!

Firstly, congrats on the bike, you should have taken it to Italy!

And secondly, people will get a bit angsty about the lack of grammar :shock:
    Not for grammars sake I am sure, more for the fact it makes it a bit tricky to read :D

Not having a go, just a friendly pointer, as it's a really really useful forum over here for tips and tricks, and info.

Enjoy the Italian sunshine\olives\wine\beer\roads :D
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Vysie wrote:

You ran your mtb tyres at 40psi?? :shock:
    Welcome to the joys of riding road bikes, I was the same as you, I started out in MTB and quite enjoy riding the road bike from time to time.
    Alex
  • vysie
    vysie Posts: 34
    Yes the lad I used to go off the beaten track with reckoned 40 was spot on when I saw 100 plus on roadies I thought no way surely that will pop! but it's all good.

Sorry for grammar I know how much that can upset some folk, I'm not the sharpest tool in the box with spelling and grammar, but will try my best!

As for bringing the bike here, it's the first time in 10 years me and the wife have been on holiday without our children so it's time for us to relax

But I'll be on it as soon as we're home right after I tell her there's another bike in the garage
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Vysie wrote:
    Yes the lad I used to go off the beaten track with reckoned 40 was spot on when I saw 100 plus on roadies I thought no way surely that will pop! but it's all good.

Sorry for grammar I know how much that can upset some folk, I'm not the sharpest tool in the box with spelling and grammar, but will try my best!

As for bringing the bike here, it's the first time in 10 years me and the wife have been on holiday without our children so it's time for us to relax

But I'll be on it as soon as we're home right after I tell her there's another bike in the garage

Nice!

A friend of mine told me he is able to get new wheels on the bike without anyone noticing!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18