How do you lose an order in transit?

JoelBelton
JoelBelton Posts: 4
edited September 2016 in Campaign
Does anyone know how you can lose an order without knowing it? I waited 12 working days for my Evans cycles order just to find out they lost it. This will be my last order with them.

Comments

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    1000's of people haven't had problems with them so you would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

And is it Evans to blame if the package was lost in transit ? More to do with their courier I would think.

No need to spit the dummy.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    At what point has the order become lost, is it with the courier or still with Evans? You can't really blame Evans if the courier has lost it.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    drlodge wrote:
    At what point has the order become lost, is it with the courier or still with Evans? You can't really blame Evans if the courier has lost it.

Well - you can blame Evans if they happen to use a delivery service that is known for being rubbish. (who do they use?)

Last order with Evans? - perhaps a bit of cutting off the nose to spite the face? If this is the first order of the OP's they've "lost" then it could be just down to bad luck - the issue isn't with the loss of the order - it's how they resolve the situation - ie, if they don't quibble and send a replacement out asap on next day delivery then that's not bad service - they're doing everything they can to resolve it. Alternatively, if they sit on it and quibble then that's bad service and the OP has a good point.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    If I stopped using companies for the odd error (potentially their couriers too) I'd be low on options.
    As long as they've acknowledged it and are sending another, all good?
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    2 posts. First wondering about how safe Evans are.
    Second saying they've lost his parcel.

What are the chances eh ?
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    judge them by how they handle it not by what has happened.

As iPete said if I stopped using companies or demanded certain couriers I'd be on a small list
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    We still don't have a clue what happened. Could be the OP thought he'd ordered online but something went wrong at his end and it never went through so Evans were none the wiser. Did he get an order acknowledgement? Did they take payment? Has it gone missing in transit?

We may never know...

I'll buy from whoever is cheapest.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    keef66 wrote:
    We still don't have a clue what happened. Could be the OP thought he'd ordered online but something went wrong at his end and it never went through so Evans were none the wiser. Did he get an order acknowledgement? Did they take payment? Has it gone missing in transit?

We may never care...

I'll buy from whoever is cheapest.

Corrected for accuracy ;)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I blame Wiggle.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    I once lost a letter in a mercedes. It had fallen behind the passenger seat.
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    If Evans loose your order and its click and collect from the Bristol store, then it's worth going to pick it up anyway, as the amount of time you spend waiting in the queue to pick it up, they normally find it by the time you get to the front :D
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Anyhow, what's lost to one man is found to another. Just depends on which side of the barricades you are on.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Seems a bit of a coincidence that the OP started a thread asking if Evans Cycles was safe when placing an order and then a few days later starts this one. Sounds like someone with an agenda to me.
  • Pross wrote:
    Seems a bit of a coincidence that the OP started a thread asking if Evans Cycles was safe when placing an order and then a few days later starts this one. Sounds like someone with an agenda to me.

Yup, thought there was something odd about the first post then this...
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    Slowbike wrote:
    Well - you can blame Evans if they happen to use a delivery service that is known for being rubbish. (who do they use?)

There's a GOOD one?! :shock:

IMHO the whole delivery industry is as bad as each other. I have had lost parcels and blatant lies about "attempted to deliver" from all of the big ones. Yes, my hit rate is significantly positive but when they do mess up they go full-bore disinterested and the retailer is usually the one picking up the mess.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    DPD/Interlink are really good in my experience, the website and now App make it really easy to change delivery options (delivery to neighbour, Doddle, etc.), track the driver, you can even pick neighbors not to delivery too.
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Pross wrote:

Yeah, I thought the same. OP, get in touch with their CEO if you feel so strongly. That normally gets a result. :roll:

PP