Live Broadcast Tuesday

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
So far so good. In hospital, had a disc removed and some other crap. New hardware installed.

Hope this works.
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Heal well and quickly WS.

Role offered and accepted with a September start.

Later is house work, gardening and a bike ride, however I think the bike ride will last considerably longer.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Three hours and ten minutes to finishing time then it's home to dismantle a bike, hit the trafford centre, iron, pack some cases etc etc ready for setting off tomorrow.

Builders turned up, took their wheelbarrow and spades and buggered off again. The good thing is they've exposed the main ring beam the house is sat on so can build up off that instead of pouring a new footing meaning £'s saved in concrete.

Garage door people turned up and are cracking on so some progress.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    So far so good. In hospital, had a disc removed and some other crap. New hardware installed.

Hope this works.

You're a robot? Looks like you need new software too.

Me proper slacking me with literally nothing on the cards. It's blowing a hoolie out there and unless I put some breeze blocks on the bike, pedalling is going to be slightly tricky.
    Obviously HD doesn't have this problem...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Pinno wrote:

Hope this works.

Me proper slacking me with literally nothing on the cards. It's blowing a hoolie out there and unless I put some breeze blocks on the bike, pedalling is going to be slightly tricky.

Laters.
    I are Robotz, yes.

Remains of the one between C5/6 which was apparently a wafer have been removed, bone osteophytes cleaned up, and fused the vertebra together with a cage of some sort.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

Hope this works.

Laters.
    I are Robotz, yes.

Remains of the one between C5/6 which was apparently a wafer have been removed, bone osteophytes cleaned up, and fused the vertebra together with a cage of some sort.

Just you're average Monday visit to the quack then ?! Australians :roll:

Very much hope it works out.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081

Hope this works.

Sounds good so far, enjoy the rehab.

Need to sort my bikes, the Toy has a squeaky BB after far too many hills over the weekend. The Crudder had the rear hanger sheer off so that needs swapping out and a new chain. CX bike needs indexing and new bar tape.

Running shoes are ok mind.

Looking at a dropper for the crudder, tempted with the new fox one given the press the Reverb has been getting.

eaten my lunch already so coffee and chocolate in an hour for my actual lunch, then interviewing some poor people to be my minion.

Off to Nice I think at the months end, may take the Bike. Any hotel or restaurant recommendations?

Hope all is well with you all
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Three hours and ten minutes to finishing time then it's home to dismantle a bike, hit the trafford centre, iron, pack some cases etc etc ready for setting off tomorrow.

Builders turned up, took their wheelbarrow and spades and buggered off again. The good thing is they've exposed the main ring beam the house is sat on so can build up off that instead of pouring a new footing meaning £'s saved in concrete.

Garage door people turned up and are cracking on so some progress.

On the basis that the risk averse engineer over engineered the design/loading of the ring beam to take the weight of three houses - don't blame you!
  • homers_double
    I was pretty happy about two things.

1)the ring has been squared off around the house meaning the bit we're filling in is good.

2) The ground workers stopped as they'd "hit concrete and were waiting for a breaker" when I got home. So they'd pretty much planned on chipping out the foundations of the house to put another in :shock:

T minus 25 minutes to shut down...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    T minus 25 minutes to shut down...

Did you dig the tent out of the cupboard under the stairs?
  • homers_double
    Don't need a tent as it's got walls, a roof and a proper door!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Flâneur wrote:

Hope this works.

Sounds good so far, enjoy the rehab.

Need to sort my bikes, the Toy has a squeaky BB after far too many hills over the weekend. The Crudder had the rear hanger sheer off so that needs swapping out and a new chain. CX bike needs indexing and new bar tape.

Running shoes are ok mind.

Looking at a dropper for the crudder, tempted with the new fox one given the press the Reverb has been getting.

eaten my lunch already so coffee and chocolate in an hour for my actual lunch, then interviewing some poor people to be my minion.

Off to Nice I think at the months end, may take the Bike. Any hotel or restaurant recommendations?

Hope all is well with you all
    Welcome back Flan!

Almost 2am here. Waiting for painkillers to kick in again. :|
  • pinno
    Are you in Hospital or at home WS?
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    ...the Toy has a squeaky BB after far too many hills over the weekend...

Why? Is it one of those infernal BB30 fandangles?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Get well soon Spinner.

Busy day today making up for disasters caused by others. At least I am out for a beer soon...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

AS good as, has the Sworks special OSbb68

WS what are the nurses like?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Flâneur wrote:
    WS what are the nurses like?
    An important point. I have fond memories of Aussie nurses :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

AS good as, has the Sworks special OSbb68

Have you considered a Praxis or a BB infinite conversion?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    I had two discs removed today and lots of crap plus hardware installed and no one gives me any sympathy :roll:

Ok I've been in the pub the last 5 hours but I did have a twinge at one point.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    seanoconn wrote:

Was that when your round was due?
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    I had two discs removed today and lots of crap plus hardware installed and no one gives me any sympathy :roll:

Your poor elbow.
  • Flâneur
    seanoconn wrote:

Need pics of nurses to be beleived

Pinno, Praxis will prob be slotted in when the bearings need replacing next spring
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    seanoconn wrote:

Wish I had been to the pub :(
  • Wheelspinner
    Well, I'm not an expert judge but one or two of the nurses are quite nice, the rest not so much... :D

Hope I get outta here today. Am sure the guy down the hall has Ebola.
  • pinno
    Well, I'm not an expert judge but one or two of the nurses are quite nice, the rest not so much... :D

Hope I get outta here today. Am sure the guy down the hall has Ebola.

If he has got Ebola, they'll only feed him on pancakes, fritters, waffles and biscuits - 'cos it's the only thing that will fit under the door.

I'll get my coat.
  • Flâneur

we can all appreciate the finer things even if we don't in them indulge ourselves
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    Bike is wrapped in pipe lagging and boxed.

Cases aren't packed.

Tickets are still at work.

I don't know where our insurance documents are but I'm sure it'll be reet
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    I don't know where our insurance documents are but I'm sure it'll be reet

They're in your inbox but you must create an account, choose a password, find 'Your Documents', download them and then print them off.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Is it still Tuesday?
    Have a good holiday HD, hope the op works well and you heal fast Spinner (and Seano). Although Seano's hangover will probably already be better.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Is it still Tuesday?

No you twit.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Is it still Tuesday?

No you twit.
    I lose track due to attempting to live the life of 47b.
    Saw a nice old Colnago today, even took a picture. Posting it will have to wait until I return to better connectivity.