SR Suntour XCT lockout lever issue

dhananjay151293
dhananjay151293 Posts: 5
edited August 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello everyone,

I am new to the mountain biking scene. So, I brought a FireFox Maximus D 29er which is equipped with Suntour XCT fork.

The problem is that the lockout lever (switch/knob) is creating some issues. Pretty sure I didn't do a thing, since I ride only on unlocked fork. My guess is that my younger brother switched the lever to lockout, and I might have rode it then on a rough path. Anyways, the lever now seems to be spinning endlessly, in either direction. The point is, after a few clicks to either side (lock or open), it would do the job (lock/unlock). So, it is working as is, but does require a few clicks.

I took the bike to the shop, and they asked me to leave the bike with them for a week or so, and they will get it fixed. A week without the bike is definitely concerning me. So, is there something that I could do myself to resolve this?

Regards
Dhananjay

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Sounds like it's loose - is there a bolt holding it on?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Sounds like it's loose - is there a bolt holding it on?
    Which bolt exactly? On the lowers, near the bottom bracket?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    No a little grub screw on the lever.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    No a little grub screw on the lever.
    Yeah, I pulled off the adjuster (lever), tried with an allen key, and it just spins endlessly. However, after 6-10 complete spins, it does lockout. Same way, spinning it back those turns, unlocks it.

Please help.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Turn to lock, fit lever in locked position, should then unlock when the lever is turned to unlock, if the leve is removed it has to be put back on in the right place. 6 turns seems a lot though, is that the lockout (blue knob) or preload (black).

Where in India are you?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    Turn to lock, fit lever in locked position, should then unlock when the lever is turned to unlock, if the leve is removed it has to be put back on in the right place. 6 turns seems a lot though, is that the lockout (blue knob) or preload (black).

Where in India are you?
    Tried that, and the results are same. It is the lockout knob (blue) on the right.
    I am from Delhi.

Do you have some social account or Google Hangouts to contact through? The forums could be real slow.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Sounds like he's broken something inside then!

I'm on the Facebook page CYCLOPS for Indian cyclists, I'm resident in Pune for about 13 weeks a year.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.