Ribble TT bike

Vaughan1
Vaughan1 Posts: 65
edited August 2016 in Road general
Having bought a Ribble evo pro with ultegra over 12 months ago and being very pleased with it, and the service. I am thinking of getting a ribble TT bike. I am choosing between the Crono and the reacTT but theres not a lot about them to read. Has any one got one or heard anything about them. I wish they would offer brighter colours than various black and white combinations. Even the ribble site has very little in the summery of the Crono. Thanks

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    They've been around for years. Both alloy. Much better stuff out there second hand.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I looked at these ages ago but went for. Ridley Cheetah from CRC - down fron a grand to £260, ALI frame, full carbon forks, carbon aero seat post, seat clamp.

Built up with a couple of new additions and bits I already have, probably £500 all in - perfect pricing for a bike I'll use maybe 6 or 7 times a year.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • simon_masterson
    simon_masterson Posts: 2,740
    Much of a muchness among low-mid end TT frames - spend your time on the geometry so you get your position right. That said, you may as well go for an integrated seatpost.

As above though, if you bought secondhand, you could get more for your money.
  • Vaughan1
    Thanks guys. I wanted to have all 11 speed. So I was looking at the new.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Then buy a frame used and build up with used/cheaply available new parts.
    New ultegra from Merlin is so cheap for a TT build as a lot of the money for road group is in the shifters. TT shifters are cheap.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • I would agree with build your own. i was looking at a TT bike and then bought a secondhand Cervelo P2 frame, took some brakes off the bike on the turbo, aerobars, off eBay, came with SRAM shifters so resold those and bought some Shimano bar end shifters.
    derailleurs are 105 as who needs top quality on a TT bike.

Only new thing was a 80mm deep section carbon rim for the rear. May source a secondhand disc for next year.
    total spend well under £1k including the new wheel.
  • Vaughan1
    Thanks for all your helpful coments. Still nervous about racing again. What 80 mm wheel do you have kakakerchief and do you use a less deep rim on the front