Diois cols

briantrumpet
briantrumpet Posts: 17,920
edited August 2016 in Tour & expedition
If any of you are heading to south east France, if it's any help, I've updated my list of cols over 1000m in the Die area, in a roughly 50-mile radius. I thought I'd exhausted them all, but I've got one more to do (Col de Mens), but I hope the list as it stands will both tantalise and help.

https://unanglaisendiois.wordpress.com/cols/

Anyway, happy col-hunting, wherever you go!

Comments

• mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    Good stuff, Brian. I enjoy reading your site. Keep it up. You are lucky to have a home in such a lovely mountainous and unspoilt area of France. I've done a lot of cycling in your area over the years - mostly on my steel tourer with camping gear - and really enjoy the tiny D roads where you can ride for hours without seeing a car.

Now I've taken up camper van touring with my carbon road bike, my most recent discovery is a brilliant aire at Chichiliane, off the Col de Menee, although it can get very cold there at night in May and September. The village has a superb artisan bakery which sells special "sportive" bread, packed with dried fruit and nuts - just the thing for a cycling energy boost.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,920
    Mercia Man wrote:
    Good stuff, Brian. I enjoy reading your site. Keep it up. [...]

Now I've taken up camper van touring with my carbon road bike, my most recent discovery is a brilliant aire at Chichiliane, off the Col de Menee, although it can get very cold there at night in May and September. The village has a superb artisan bakery which sells special "sportive" bread, packed with dried fruit and nuts - just the thing for a cycling energy boost.
    Thanks. I keep on thinking I'll run out of things to photograph or say things about, but not yet, it seems...

I've never stopped in Cichillianne... the run down to Clelles is just too much fun... especially with a tailwind, as I had today.