Riding in Montenegro

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited August 2016 in Tour & expedition
Mrs MRS has been on holiday in Montenegro and is keen to go back in October with me. Does anybody know what the bike riding is like out there?
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    https://goo.gl/maps/eEQmED8HwQM2

Looks pretty spectacular to me.

Not yet experienced it, but have a tandem tour planned there this year. All research points towards fast, beepy drivers, but nothing too bad. Roads can become not roads with little warning away from civilisation.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Looks like it might be Jamis Renegade territory if roads become not roads
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • I'm just back from a tour of the Balkans and the best 24 hours of riding was probably the afternoon cycling around the bay of Kotor and the following morning heading up the mountain behind Kotor and over to Cetinje skirting the Lovcen National Park. The main coastal road and the roads in/out of Podgorica were busy and not very pleasant but had no problems on the other roads. Durmitor was also recommended to me but didn't manage to fit it in this trip.