what do the gym sessions offer in this traning plan

ageis
ageis Posts: 49
edited August 2016 in Health, fitness & training
HI I'm following a training plan I dowloaded http://tzones.realbuzz.com/st-john-ambu ... uides/154/

The plan contains a grand total of 6 gym sessions and yet it lasts for 8 weeks. So what difference do doing these gym sessions make? Surely am not going to build any substantial amount of strength over night. So why did they put them in?

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Without opening the link - what did the blurb say? What kind of training plan did you want?

Cycling is the best and most specific exercise for being good at cycling.

Maybe ask on the website you got it from
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Well going to thy gym is better than doing nothing .. you are using your muscles

But you are right, doing one gym session a week isn't going to achieve much you won't stress the CNS you won't put the body in enough of a state to release decent amounts of growth hormone and if you are not eating in a calorie excess you won't build muscle

the gym sessions seem to be an alternative to being on the bike and keep you doing something.

Personally I would go out on the bike, but then, I ride every day, so it won't kill me .... perhaps they put the gym sessions in to give you a break from the bike