What this place needs is a Monday thread...

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,569
edited August 2016 in The bottom bracket
For no particular reason.

Finished bookshelves. Another job ticked off my to-do list.

Still no sign of Flaneur?

Dinner was a mixed menu. Stir fry chicken in ginger, soy and garlic with shallots in a honey glaze, followed by panna cotta, fresh berries and chocolate. Sod the cholesterol count.
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    What happens in a Monday thread ? .... can any one post in it ?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,041
    Another heavy weekend, what started off as a sunday breakfast meet with mates ended up as a sunday afternoon session.

The up side is that I was in bed at 8.30 so woke up bright as a button at 6am.

Countdown to holiday now, just a wedding on Saturday to contend with and then we're done.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    it's a thread to provide a daily update of your mundane existence/brag about going on holiday
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,569
    coriordan wrote:
    it's a thread to provide a daily update of your mundane existence/brag about going on holiday

Oooooh that's harsh.

Fair, but harsh. :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Another somewhat trying weekend with a screaming six-week old and a two-year old who's really getting to grips with the concept of the tantrum. Stress was managed courtesy of a few bottles of ale - current favourite is a Cornish Pale Ale from M&S. Also on the plus side our six-week old is rather windy and can cut a fart that I'd be proud of which is always entertaining.

Currently considering getting a Garmin GPS as I'm the kind of navigational dunce who'd struggle to find his arse with both hands and a map..
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,656
    coriordan wrote:
    Dull day in the office but on the plus side I am going on holiday in 11 days time. I think that's what you call killing two birds with one stone :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Anonymous
    Quit on Thursday took Friday off for a champagne swilling weekend and yachting. Came 2nd so happy days.

Trying to negotiate some gardening leave but not looking likely....bugger
  • Stevo_666
    coriordan wrote:
    Quit on Thursday took Friday off for a champagne swilling weekend and yachting. Came 2nd so happy days.

Trying to negotiate some gardening leave but not looking likely....bugger
    You got a new job lined up at last - nice one. Presumably not via any of those agencies that I knew?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Anonymous
    Unfortunately not. When we spoke it was ridiculously quiet but seems to be picking up a bit. I was panicking about Brexit as it occurred the day after I got the offer letter but they are saying that business is still booming so happy days.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,412
    fat daddy wrote:
    What happens in a Monday thread ? .... can any one post in it ?

You just did :D

In answer to your question, it has to be a certain standard of inane bollox and cr4p (as you will see if you look at the other posts).

Like this:

Af'noon all.

It's not raining. Went to town. Tied up a few loose ends and sat and had a 'soft coffee' and a slice of French Apple Tart with pouring cream whilst watching the world go by.
    Tomorrow, Mabie farm Park where Daddy can also join in on the trampoline* and huge slides. Wahooo.

*Bad back willing.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    ...who's really getting to grips with the concept of the tantrum...

They're great aren't they? I found them hilarious. I used to gee them on - "shout louder...go more red in the face' etc and in the supermarket, writhing and kicking on the floor; "Bye, see you later" or at home I just popped them out in the garden and shut the door (whatever the weather).
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Returned from a cool and not so sunny Cornwall on Saturday, fortunately I have enough sense to avoid the A30/A303. Probably the last time I spend money on a cottage as the kids spent nearly the whole time in bed stuck to their iDevices.

Sunday was spent in the saddle, what a glorious day, feeling it today though...117 miles. Could be worse, could have done the LSR100.

Today is back at work, stuff to do. Still need to earn money so I can pay the child maintenance and mortgage.
    Remainder of the week will be buying stuff to replace the cold water tank. Oh the joy.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,351
    coriordan wrote:
    And brag about being on holiday of course. Wild boar stew last night with friends, lazy day by the pool today, about to go and meet a friend for a drink and catch up. Later will involve food and wine.
    Good luck with the gardening leave.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    And brag about being on holiday of course. Wild boar stew last night with friends, lazy day by the pool today, about to go and meet a friend for a drink and catch up. Later will involve food and wine.
    Good luck with the gardening leave.

Boar eating Bore. Now there's a thing...
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,482
    Waiting to hear if I've been successful with one job, final interview with job two on Wednesday and preparing for that. A potential offer of a role out of the blue. Just returned from the dentist after having my gum being sliced open and implant stumps inserted together with some articficial bone graft and then my gum stitched up.

I had hoped to avoid this part but where I had a couple of knackered teeth removed the holes left hadn't filled up with bone to insert the pins in which meant a more intrusive insertion.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Veronese68 wrote:
    coriordan wrote:

I'd love a holiday :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    team47b wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    coriordan wrote:

I've just come back from holiday. They're over rated.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    coriordan wrote:

The old cliche: 'A holiday to get over this one' ?
  • Stevo_666
    coriordan wrote:
    Unfortunately not. When we spoke it was ridiculously quiet but seems to be picking up a bit. I was panicking about Brexit as it occurred the day after I got the offer letter but they are saying that business is still booming so happy days.
    Result. Pity my lot were no use. Best of luck with gardening leave but the only way I ever managed more than a fee weeks was by quitting without something to go to. Probably won't repeat that again.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Pinno wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    ...who's really getting to grips with the concept of the tantrum...

They're great aren't they? I found them hilarious. I used to gee them on - "shout louder...go more red in the face' etc and in the supermarket, writhing and kicking on the floor; "Bye, see you later" or at home I just popped them out in the garden and shut the door (whatever the weather).

That's been our tactic, yeah! "Why have you just thrown your Rice Krispies on the floor? Keep squeezing those eyes, kid. There's some tears in there somewhere ".
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    at home I just popped them out in the garden and shut the door (whatever the weather).
    That's child abuse in Scotland.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,878
    Work was improved by a visit to a local(ish) pub and bumping into a pal