Help Identifying Bianchi

Mckraken12
Mckraken12 Posts: 5
edited August 2016 in Vintage bikes forum
Hi guys,

I have a bianchi racing bike that ive been riding for the last 8 years. I received it in almost in new condition. It had been in a garage since the 80s.
pnhXsbl8j
pouUIHD3j
The only identifying marks i can see on the bike are on the bottom of the frame. There is an A*6 on one side and the numbers 8095 across from it.
poGyiaMPj
I cannot seem to figure out what model or year it is. I am very curious what it is. I'm not too concerned about its value because I commute with it everywhere and it is my only transportation. I plan on riding it until it falls apart or explodes. I have sunk a good amount of money keeping it up. So far I have been able to replace everything with NOS parts so it should be almost stock from how it was retired back in the day.

Any help would be great, thanks.
-Mack

here are some more pics
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vdt4j8tvdbiy ... UrZPa?dl=0

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Does the bottom bracket measure 68 or 70mm (not including ring)?

Chorus was introduced in 1987.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • It measures 70mm. What does this say about a bike?

-Mack
  • team47b
    70mm is standard Italian size, I was trying to work out which country this was made in, whether it was a Japanese one, I have never seen the head tube decal before which will either make it really easy to identify or nigh on impossible :wink:

Then again I've never seen a metalic brown Bianchi before, so maybe I need to get out more :D

As I said before chorus is post '87, assuming the crankset is original what is the numer code on the back, the number should be in a circle for eighties and a single number will tell you which year in the eighties (A diamond is seventies)?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Metallic poo brown Bianchi with Chorus? Almost too cool for words.

Chapeau for ownership fella.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    The downtube levers and front and rear mechs look to me like Super Record from the 80s. The chainset looks like later Record from the 90s/2000s with one of the five ring mounting points on the back of the crank arm. The headset is Chorus and possibly the brakes as well.
  • team47b wrote:

As I said before chorus is post '87, assuming the crankset is original what is the numer code on the back, the number should be in a circle for eighties and a single number will tell you which year in the eighties (A diamond is seventies)?

here are some close ups of the crank and such.
    cyOi1x.jpg
    1rWxFH.jpg
    WYN6WV.jpg

EDIT:
    Upon closer inspection the headset and brakes are indeed chorus.

9BEX2s.jpg
    954Dfo.jpg
    UzfUT3.jpg
  • team47b
    Sorry I'm not that familiar with 80's campagnolo, I should have said that On the back of each crank arm it will say the length, date code, pedal thread in that order

Eg 172.5 41 9/16
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    The chainset is post-2000 10-speed Chorus with the Record-style chainring mounting bolt on inside of crank arm. You can see the marking C10 on rings. The previous generation nine-speed Chorus chainset, which I have, has the more normal five arm set-up. The dual pivot brakes are also relatively modern - they were introduced in 1993 for Record and I believe 94 for Chorus, replacing the chunky single pivot monoplanar Chorus which were introduced in 88. The chunky Chorus headset was also introduced in 88.
  • The back of both of the crank arms only says 2/1 0/3