Garmin Vector Warranty

KevinA
KevinA Posts: 492
edited July 2016 in Road general
Hi Guys

Does anyone know if the pod comes under the warranty?

Mines snapped and its been sent back but got a feeling they will just tell me to buy a new one and its only the pedals that are covered. Only 3 months old though.

Its the wee plastic strip that clips into the back of the crank and into the pedal that snapped from the actual pod

Comments

• Wilby_89
    Wilby_89 Posts: 96
    I had the same problem from over tightening it the thread came loose and wont tighten.
    Taken my whole Garmin Vectors 2/s back to tredz today as I am continuously having mixed results doing the static calibration test.
    I know that you can buy them I think their about £50-£60.
  • KevinA
    Wilby_89 wrote:
    I had the same problem from over tightening it the thread came loose and wont tighten.
    Taken my whole Garmin Vectors 2/s back to tredz today as I am continuously having mixed results doing the static calibration test.
    I know that you can buy them I think their about £50-£60.

I was Evans and they took the pedals and pod and are sending it back to Madison I think he said, to phone back after 14 days.
  • Wilby_89
    Can I ask what were the results when you did the static calibration test.
    I was always getting the minus figures.
    I was under the impression that if you don't get a 0 result it would end up in resulting in a non accurate power output.
  • KevinA
    Well the pod wasn't under warranty so I was looking at paying for the replacement pod, BUT Evans have said they will replace it as a gesture of good will.

They have asked me to double check that have the right size for my cranks,

Am I right in doing what I done previously and that is measuring the width of the crank where the pedal is screwed in?

Calibration I believe was 0 when I done it.
  • Wilby_89
    I was always getting +0.03 9 +0.12.
    Do you know if this has any effect on the power output accuracy as this was the reason I returned them.
  • KevinA
    Don't think so as i have calibrated 3 sets and from memory it was always 0

If it is, for me its consistently wrong haha
  • Wilby_89
    Going to give Garmin a call and try and get a definite answer to this question as I am seeing mixed views on this all over the internet and this is the reason for taking these back.
    Looking at my strava stats from test these out and my average watts seem pretty similar on my turbo sessions but rhen on my last 2 1/2 hour bike ride it was alot less but I think this is to be expected as to traffic etc.
  • KevinA
    Try your local shop see if they can help