First of the day Thursday

Matthewfalle
Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
edited July 2016 in The bottom bracket
Ciao

First ride ridded - 20k down a mountain to get a coffee and a Red Bull, 20k back up it home for a coffee. 25 degrees at 8:30 in the morning so now heading to the beach for a couple of days. May have a gelato in a minute to set the day's gelato eating routine going.

Ciao
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,399
    I'm assuming the speedo speed down the mountain was a bit disappointing?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Today is just a bit dull. Dull stuff to do, dull stuff to sort out and then dull stuff later.

The highlight of my day will be taking an iron back to Argos to claim a new one on the three year warranty.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning,
    Rather busy in here today trying to get everything sorted before my holiday. got a Norwegian customer coming in to see me as well, really could do without that today. Will be having Fryday on a Thursday today. Later I will be loading up the car ready for the off in the morning.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Fed mini-DHL's and rode into work, still only 1/4 through filling in a 20 page "standard academic profile" to get a nudge up the pay scale. It takes about a week, and I still have to fill in the application form on top. All in about 50hrs of work, If I priced that up at a consultancy rate it would be about £7k + the cost of a panel to appraise the bollox I have had write. So all in about £15k to get get an extra £1k on my pay. Mental. Rant over, time for an espresso.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Fed mini-DHL's and rode into work, still only 1/4 through filling in a 20 page "standard academic profile" to get a nudge up the pay scale. It takes about a week, and I still have to fill in the application form on top. All in about 50hrs of work, If I priced that up at a consultancy rate it would be about £7k + the cost of a panel to appraise the bollox I have had write. So all in about £15k to get get an extra £1k on my pay. Mental. Rant over, time for an espresso.

Odd HR.

It's Thursday ?!

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    So, stupid people.

Yesterday whilst upping my mileage I stopped at a fuel station to buy a bottle of water, walked up to the counter wearing my bike helmet, gloves, fitted shorts etc and was asked by the dope serving if I had any fuel?

I can only assum that it had been a long day and the guy was on autopilot.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Lousy night's sleep with neck grief made for a grumpy start to the day.

Even my physio has just about given up... reckons if it doesn't settle down with another week of specific exercise therapy that I should go get the surgery done. :|
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    I find showing them independent salary surveys helps - especially if you can say that you can't have filled some of them in if you're off the bottom of the scale. I'm trying this tactic to try and bag myself a raise.

We're off out tonight to entertain a visitor from our Head Office in the Kingdom of Far Far away. Taking him to a whisky bar which should be a good laugh as I'm sure he can't hold his drink well :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Work meh and increasing

Need to leave handy tonight as I promised the wife I would be back by 7 so she can go out with work..... Not looking hopefull
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    So, stupid people.
    I can only assume that it had been a long day and the guy was on autopilot.
    I was working in a pub many moons ago and a bloke ordered a pint and a half of ordinary and a pint of special. I poured them and he asked me which was the half. These people are out there to make us look good.
  • darkhairedlord
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I find showing them independent salary surveys helps - especially if you can say that you can't have filled some of them in if you're off the bottom of the scale. I'm trying this tactic to try and bag myself a raise.

We're off out tonight to entertain a visitor from our Head Office in the Kingdom of Far Far away. Taking him to a whisky bar which should be a good laugh as I'm sure he can't hold his drink well :)

Unfortunately this was introduced in place of a summary CV which used to be two pages.
    These are the section headings after I have removed the text boxes that need filling in.....

Section One: General Information
    1.1 Personal information
    1.2 Current appointments
    1.3 Previous substantive appointments
    1.4 Academic qualifications

Section Two: Output Elements for Fusion and Values
    2.1 Fusion and Values – Case Study
    2.2 Teamwork
    2.3 Leadership

Section Three: Output Education
    3.1 Quality of Educational Delivery
    3.1.1 Teaching input
    3.1.2 Student supervisions – not research students
    3.1.3 Quality of teaching
    3.2 Educational development
    3.3 Student Experience and Educational Enhancement
    3.3.1 Innovations around student experience or educational enhancement
    3.3.2 Extracurricular activities
    3.4 Curriculum Innovation/development and the use of appropriate learning technology
    3.4.1 Curriculum innovations/development
    3.4.2 Curriculum validations and reviews
    3.4.3 Professional accreditations
    3.4.4 International/National partnerships
    3.5 Academic Citizenship
    3.5.1 Roles and responsibilities around education
    3.5.2 Educational committees
    3.5.3 Education based outreach and recruitment
    3.5.4 External educational roles
    3.5.5 Grants awards linked to education
    3.6 Educational Plan/Strategy

Section Four: Output Research
    4.1 Research and Knowledge Exchange Outputs
    4.1.1 Publications
    4.1.2 Awarded external Research and Knowledge Exchange income
    4.1.3 Unsuccessful/Pending external Research and Knowledge Exchange income
    4.1.4 Internal pump-priming Research and Knowledge Exchange income
    4.2 Post Graduate Research Student (PGR) Supervision
    4.2.1 List of active PGR supervisions
    4.2.2 List of completed/withdrawn PGR supervisions
    4.2.3 PGR Examinations
    4.2.4 PGR Development Delivered or Attended
    4.3 Academic Citizenship
    4.3.1 Internal
    4.3.2 Research committees
    4.3.3 External peer review
    4.3.4 Learned societies linked to research
    4.3.5 Editorial roles
    4.3.6 Conference organisation
    4.3.7 Conference papers presented
    4.4 Research Esteem
    4.5 Research Plan/Strategy

Section Five: Output Professional Practice
    5.1 Practice
    5.1.1 Professional qualification and CPD
    5.1.2 Practicing professional and secondments
    5.1.3 Personal development
    5.2 Engaging external stakeholders
    5.3 Thought leadership and Societal Impact
    5.3.1 Membership of Local/Regional/National Professional bodies
    5.3.2 Media appearances and contributions
    5.3.3 Research impact
    5.4 Public engagement
    5.4.1 Participation and leadership in public engagement
    5.5 Academic Citizenship
    5.5.1 Internal
    5.5.2 Professional practice committees
    5.5.3 Professional conference/workshop organisation
    5.5.4 Professional practice papers presented
    5.6 Professional practice esteem
    5.7 Professional practice plan/strategy
  • pinno
    ...and across the pond. they want 1 sheet CV's (sorry Resume's), even at higher levels.
  • darkhairedlord
    Pinno wrote:
    ...and across the pond. they want 1 sheet CV's (sorry Resume's), even at higher levels.

Yep, I always had a single side CV. However someone got kicked upstairs and they had to give them something to do, hence this monstrosity. Basically its all the interview questions they might possibly ask, but rather than having a half hour chat to see what you've been up to we get this nonsense! Anyhow, I'm now up to section 3.5 and It's my last day at work until mid August.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Work meh and increasing

Need to leave handy tonight as I promised the wife I would be back by 7 so she can go out with work..... Not looking hopefull

Managed it in time to drop the wife off and visit the pub :)
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Work meh and increasing

Result. Buy yourself a pint... Hang on
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Work meh and increasing

Result. Buy yourself a pint... Hang on

Very happy with the result
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    seanoconn wrote:
    I'm assuming the speedo speed down the mountain was a bit disappointing?
    M

Too much vino rosso the night before meant no legs at all, so just cruised down, mid/high 60s all the way. Absolutely nowt special but the coffee was superb. Was actually intrigued to see that a mountain that looks as steep as when when driving isn't when you are riding down it.

Way up was as hot as a hot thing though .......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.