Whats people's thoughts on Cannondale

totheextreme
totheextreme Posts: 6
edited July 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hey guys,

I have an office job and after sitting around all day the kilos are starting to pile on, I am looking into getting a little more fit and start riding to and from work and i wan't a decent bike, I have been looking at some specialized, Muddyfox and Cannondale classified ads sites but i can not pic between them. They are all around the same price range and all have pretty much the same specs so what i want to know from everyone here is personal experiences with the bikes to help me pick which one i should go for????

Example pictures below

2015-Cannondale-Trigger-Carbon-1-275-650B-mountain-bike02.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoBXejFEnzcSG_E__cWzMFctLceH4WP15HzZzVhLiNVpr6U8jucA

moutain-bike-graph-large.jpg

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Not the Muddy Fox.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    They have near enough the same specs? Despite the Muddyfox being hardtail, v-brakes, crappy steel forks, very low end drivetrain etc, it is nothing like the same spec and I doubt sells for anywhere near the price!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Well that is the Muddyfox out of mu options then when it comes to the other two what your saying is it doesn't matter it is more of a personal thing
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Cannondale make a range of bikes. I think what The Rookie is saying is that if the MF is withing your budget, neither of those Cannondales will be. So you are presumably looking at either a very low end model or a totally trashed bike.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Or an extremely expensive Muddy Fox
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    When you say riding to work, do you mean on roads? If so, non of these are really what you are after.

If you plan is to ride off road trails and maybe advance to trail centres etc, then a mtb may be what you are after. Post specs (or links) to the actual bikes you are looking at and describe your intended use in more detail and you will get great advice here.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    cooldad wrote:
    Cannondale make a range of bikes. I think what The Rookie is saying is that if the MF is withing your budget, neither of those Cannondales will be. So you are presumably looking at either a very low end model or a totally trashed bike.
    Indeed, the Trigger is a circa £2000 bike, the MF a circa £200 bike!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.