The halfway through Monday thread

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,424
edited July 2016 in The bottom bracket
'A'noon :D

Carpentry - done
Car cleaned - done
Other even more boring chores - done

Waiting for blood glucose to go down below that of a jam doughnut - then breakfast

Taking the rest of the day off now :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Been to the gym this morning and now driving the desk.

Trip out to the LBS later for some tubes as I killed my last spare on Saturday and maybe out for a quick ride tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    team47b wrote:

Carpentry - done
    Car cleaned - done

Waiting for blood glucose to go down below that of a jam doughnut - then breakfast

Shouldn't that be " Car cleaning - done"? I demand satisfaction before you take the rest of the day off.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Sunny but chilly breeze day - what you lot would probably call "summer" most of the time.

Boring chores along the lines of T47B's list done. Did some paperwork, thumbed nose at the taxman as this time I paid the b@stards nuttin'! :D

Cup of tea, then fixed up some spag bol for dinner. Currently on glass # 3 of shiraz.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    seanoconn wrote:
    I demand satisfaction before you take the rest of the day off.
    That could be taken the wrong way Seano.

Readjusting to the office after an extended weekend. Coffee and food are helping. Also doing a bit more minion recruitment which is less boring than average.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    seanoconn wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Carpentry - done
    Car cleaned - done

Shouldn't that be " Car cleaning - done"? I demand satisfaction before you take the rest of the day off.

Car cleaned done.

What is my three word sentence not up to your usual level of erudition, eh? :D

Dont look at me and say that you demand satisfaction, it's disturbing :D
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Apparently I've not posted for over a year so if anyone could give me a quick catch-up on what I've missed that'd be just lovely...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    Apparently I've not posted for over a year so if anyone could give me a quick catch-up on what I've missed that'd be just lovely...

There was a thread about leg strength and then another thread about... leg strength and then another thread that involved milemuncher who pedals at 45 rpm and says he regularly does 1 ton rides. He reckons other cyclists have legs that 'flap around like they are going to fall off'. Mike Brew has been a tw@t of the highest cailbre and apparently, i'm a post count w@nker. So I did some extra post count w@nking in the Big Girls Thread but no body complained.

viewtopic.php?f=40033&t=13067521#p19920930

Back OT: Merino base layer under a SS Jersey in farqing July ?!?

The weather has been sh1t since the Brexit vote.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I'm sure I read a post of yours the other day Mr Noir. What's happened in the last year? Lots of arguing in Cake Stop about Brexit, other than that the usual.
    I'm having a rather busier Monday than I would like. Was supposed to be going for a drink in Wombledon with an old school friend that's over from the US for 3 days but that's not going to happen as he has to visit loads of family and the arguments have started about who he's going to visit and when. Probably just as well as I have loads to do before going on holiday on Friday. Should really get on with some work.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm sure I read a post of yours the other day Mr Noir. What's happened in the last year? Lots of arguing in Cake Stop about Brexit, other than that the usual.
    I'm having a rather busier Monday than I would like. Was supposed to be going for a drink in Wombledon with an old school friend that's over from the US for 3 days but that's not going to happen as he has to visit loads of family and the arguments have started about who he's going to visit and when. Probably just as well as I have loads to do before going on holiday on Friday. Should really get on with some work.
    I could nip out for a quick pint at 3 if you're interested? slightly younger school friend?
  • CHRISNOIR
    Veronese68 wrote:

Yes, I broke my silence with a post about deep wheel rims. Should probably have stayed away from that topic really - always gets a tad heated, but not as much as Brexit which has nearly caused a civil war in our office.

Parenting has been happening with me which has put a massive dent in my cycling plans but I've invested in a new bike and am slowly starting to add a few miles. If anyone sees a fat sweaty bloke around north Manchester on a bike that outstrips his talent it's probably me. Good to see all the familiar names still kicking about!
  • seanoconn
    team47b wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Carpentry - done
    Car cleaned - done

Car cleaned done.

Stubborn as a Portuguese mountain mule.
    Surely "Car cleaned" doesn't require "-done" where as "car cleaning" does.
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Carpentry - done
    Car cleaned - done

Car cleaned done.

Stubborn as a Portuguese mountain mule.
    Surely "Car cleaned" doesn't require "-done" where as "car cleaning" does.

There's no point Seano. He'll only see sense when the blood sugar levels come down and after 6 beers.
  • team47b
    OK seeing sense now :D

I apologise for my sloppy use of the passive form of the transitive use of the verb which came across as a past participle!

Edit:

(Get) car cleaned - done

Sorry if I implied that one cleans one's own cars
  • seanoconn
    Apology accepted, take the rest of the day off :D
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Apology accepted, take the rest of the day off :D

What?! He's had the last 10 years 'off'.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

So, day 3 of being at home: 35 degrees, gelati and vino rosso a go-go, inordinate amounts of stupidly beautiful women everywhere (I mean it's just ridiculous - the only munters are generally the tourists) and have just pumped up tyres on the holiday bike ready for some riding in the mountains tomorrow morning (following advice on the "how do I store my bike thread I wiped off some 2 year old energy drink spillage and pumped up the tyres).

Roma is wonderful as normal, my home area (Abruzzo) is still the land that time forgot but hey, more vino, women and gelati beckon.

Ciao for now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    Parenting has been happening with me which has put a massive dent in my cycling plans but I've invested in a new bike and am slowly starting to add a few miles. If anyone sees a fat sweaty bloke around north Manchester on a bike that outstrips his talent it's probably me. Good to see all the familiar names still kicking about!

POIDH.

WB Mr Noir, and many congratulations on the (new?) parenting thing.
  • veronese68
    my home area (Abruzzo)...
    Lookout, my nephew is on a scout camp round that area somewhere.
    I'm heading for Tuscany on Friday, boy do I need a holiday.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    my home area (Abruzzo)...
    Lookout, my nephew is on a scout camp round that area somewhere.
    I'm heading for Tuscany on Friday, boy do I need a holiday.

V: whereabouts? There are a load of scouts camping about 10k from here next to a meteorite hole thing.

I will also take this opportunity to apologise for my earlier braggadocio and rather cocky tone when I said that I did nothing to my bicycle after leaving it for two years before pumping up the tyres and riding down a mountain like a buffoon. The ride showed me what I should have done beforehand post storage: turned the barrel adjuster two turns on the 23.

Apart from that all perfect :) May give it a wash whilst having afternoon vino later.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    V: whereabouts? There are a load of scouts camping about 10k from here next to a meteorite hole thing.
    Not too sure, my Mum said it was in the same region as L'Aquila.
  • homers_double
    We should have a BB meet for espresso on day, I'm in Menaggio from the 10th.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    We should have a BB meet for espresso on day, I'm in Menaggio from the 10th.
    I'll be going through near there on the 15th heading back from Verona. Trouble is the family will be in tow and I'm supposed to be visiting a customer in Switzerland that afternoon.
  • homers_double
    Busmans holiday?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    I'm here for the next 8 days then back in September for 3 days riding.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Busmans holiday?
    Kind of. Advantage is I get a day in lieu and a hotel for the night paid for in return for a couple of hours and a free meal. Customer is a good bloke, I've met him a few times before so it's no hardship. For the company it's a cheap way for me to visit a big customer.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

POIDH.

Why, thank you - I've missed this place really.

Hope this link works, the Ribble
  • pinno
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

POIDH.

Nice rig but ffs, don't put it in the OCP thread.
  • Matthewfalle
    Why are your handlebars the same height as your seat?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

POIDH.

Looks like a nice ride.

How the hell do you open the door of the shed with that pole in the way?
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

POIDH.

Looks like a nice ride.

How the hell do you open the door of the shed with that pole in the way?

if the missus lent my r872 up against a steel pole like that i would go banana's; edge of seat, edge of back tyre or nds crank arm. :oops: