Cannondale caad12 disc dura ace "UPDATED"

Balazsgal
Balazsgal Posts: 65
edited July 2016 in Your road bikes
odPkH8.jpg

Got this beauty on ultegra price,so just couldnt resist.Getting the bikefit next monday,cant wait to try her out.Also few changes coming soon,regarding wheels,tyres.This is my first post,so apologize if any mistakes done in advance.Any suggestions welcome,more pictures coming soon!

Specs:
Frame:caad12 disc smartformed alloy speed save
Fork:caad12 disc ballistec carbon
Rims:Mavic ksyrium disc wts
Tyres:Mavic yksium elite 700×25
Crank:cannondale hollowgram si hollow forged
Rear cogs:shimano ultegra 6800 11-28
Front and rear derailleur:shimano dura ace 9000
Shifters:shimano r685 hydro disc
Stem:cannondale c1 ultralight
Brakes:shimano 805/785 hydraulic disc 140/140 rotors
Saddle:fizik arione r7 mg rails

So bike was fitted today,also went for a quick ride,feels amazing.No words would be able to discribe the improvement from the defy.Anyway,upgrades are:

Zipp 30 course disc clincher
Sram centerline 140mm rotors
Conti gp 4000sll 25mm tyres
Dura ace 9000 pedals
Zipp course sl 120mm stem 6 degree
Elite custom race cages.

Bike weight without pedals and cages is 7795 gramms which is not bad for an aluminium frame,disc brake bike i think.Rides like a dream..........amazing.

04f2yZ.jpg

Comments

• Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    V nice!
    Looking forward to more pics after bike fit and wheel/tire upgrades.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,494
    Very nice, I got a CAAD 12 with rim brakes and ultegra in February and I'm very happy with it.

I changed the wheels on mine and if you are thinking of doing that soon then I'd suggest doing it right away so that you can remove the Mavics and sell them as brand new take-offs.
  • Balazsgal
    Singleton wrote:
    Very nice, I got a CAAD 12 with rim brakes and ultegra in February and I'm very happy with it.

I changed the wheels on mine and if you are thinking of doing that soon then I'd suggest doing it right away so that you can remove the Mavics and sell them as brand new take-offs.

Great that you enjoy yours,cant wait to take her for a spin.Can i just ask you what wheels you got on yours please?How does them working out for you?Did you change the tyres as well?
  • singleton
    Balazsgal wrote:
    Great that you enjoy yours,cant wait to take her for a spin.Can i just ask you what wheels you got on yours please?How does them working out for you?Did you change the tyres as well?

I've got Hunt wheels on it now, a set of their Race Aero Wide wheels which I don't think they do a direct equivalent of for disc brakes. One of the reasons for these wheels was to go to tubeless tyres which so far are working out well.
  • Balazsgal
    Singleton wrote:
    Balazsgal wrote:

I've got Hunt wheels on it now, a set of their Race Aero Wide wheels which I don't think they do a direct equivalent of for disc brakes. One of the reasons for these wheels was to go to tubeless tyres which so far are working out well.
    Lovely set,fantastic value.Hunt wheels have that special look as well,you dont see them on every corner.Enjoy....
  • singleton
    Balazsgal wrote:
    Lovely set,fantastic value.Hunt wheels have that special look as well,you dont see them on every corner.Enjoy....

Thanks. So far I'm really pleased with the bike and the wheels - it's proving to be a great combination for me.