Turkey

Garry H
Garry H Posts: 6,639
edited July 2016 in The cake stop
It's kicking off...

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I hope the military are acting on principle against the increasingly authoritarian and religious government. :?
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Oh what a surprise, only a matter of time.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    It's all going to hell on a hand cart i tell ya
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,589
    3000 soldiers and 2700 judges have been arrested. Looks more like an opportunistic purge on the judiciary than a positive development, but then I know nothing about Turkey,
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    My mother in law landed there a couple of weeks ago just as the airport was being bombed. She passed through again on Thursday on her way back to the UK. I always knew she attracted trouble. :roll:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    There was some expert on the radio earlier backing up what the Bean says - he didn't go so far as to suggest the whole thing was planned by Erdogan but he certainly thought Erdogan had allowed it to happen in order to bring in a new constitution cementing his own power and as an excuse to crack down on political opponents.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    pottssteve wrote:
    My mother in law landed there a couple of weeks ago just as the airport was being bombed. She passed through again on Thursday on her way back to the UK. I always knew she attracted trouble. :roll:

That is bad luck :wink:
  • RallyBiker
    RallyBiker Posts: 378
    Edorgan = 21st.century Saddam, you mark my words.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Soon Be Christmas
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    RallyBiker wrote:
    Edorgan = 21st.century Saddam, you mark my words.