Replacement pads for Deore BL-M615 brakes

Flinticus
Flinticus Posts: 4
edited July 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi.

Anyone know where these can be obtained?

Nothing immediately obvious on google. What would be compatible?

Cheers

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Go to Uberbike or Superstar and check out their offerings, both do pads compatable with your brakes.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Or, obviously Shimano pads from LBS or most online stores. But I'd go with Rookie's suggestion.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    As already mentioned superstar or uberbike and choose from either sintered (metal), Organic or Kevlar brake pads.

Never got on well with replacement shimano pads so I use either of the two shops pads.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    never had much luck with superstar pads, some separated, and the Kevlar ones last 2-3 rides and were nailed..

after trying a few different after market ones I go with own the proper brand ones now...
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    I think the shimano ones are pish TBH both my zee/saint and slx ones in semi-metalic and resin heat up far too much
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My Superstar Kevlar lasted over a year.....also Superstar, Uberbike and many others come from the self same factory, so other than specific options, none is better 'quality' than the others.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Herdwick
    Herdwick Posts: 523
    Jagwire sintered are great , never failed on me, like the sintered shimanos
    “I am a humanist, which means, in part, that I have tried to behave decently without expectations of rewards or punishments after I am dead.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut