We would like to know your opinions

AutoGear
AutoGear Posts: 3
edited August 2016 in Commuting chat
Dear Cyclists,

We are currently developing our new product and this product will be tested soon, we are also preparing to launch our product into the market in the future; sooner or later . You can help us improve our product by spending your precious time doing the survey. The survey take approximately 2 minutes and no questions about your personal details as we do not collect these information. Additionally, data collected via this survey will be treated confidentially and will not be shared to the third parties.

If you would like to take part in our survey, please click in the link below

https://hyouka.typeform.com/to/qjR2Hy

Before doing the survey, please have a look at the FAQs below:

1. What is this survey about?

This survey involves a set of questionnaires asking for our new product, called "Automatic Gear Shift" developed by us - AutoGear. The survey will help us understand more on an individuals' thoughts and feelings toward the product. The survey is entirely voluntary; therefore, your contribution is highly appreciated.

2. Why you are doing this and for what company/organisation?

As stated, this survey aims to get individuals' opinions and suggestions on our new product and based on your opinions. We will adjust and re-design the product to meet people needs and wants.

We are a newly created team called AutoGear, this survey is not for any companies and/or organisations since the results of this survey will be used by my own and will be treated confidentially.

3. Approx how long will the survey take?

The survey aims to get the first 100 participants. However, the length of the survey may last longer in case we need more opinions on the product.

4. What is your role in this survey?

I am a founder of AutoGear and the creator of this survey.

5. What do you plan to do with the information provided by the participants?

Your information will be kept confidentially and will not be shared to any third parties. Information collected via the survey will help us understand more about individuals' thoughts and perspectives toward our new product. You may also benefit from answering our questions and sign up to become our first valued customers which will received the very product prototype to test and giving us feedbacks.

6. What do you plan to do with the results?

The results will be kept confidentially and anonymously, based on the results, we will do some statistics stuffs to get our product better and also, decide to launch the product.

7. Do you post your results here after all?

Yes, we will post the results here with a report format so that we could know what people think about the new tech and product

Thank you for your kind attention, again, your contribution is highly appreciated!

Best regards
AutoGear

Comments

• tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Just responded. Sorry, but in my opinion it's a solution looking for a problem; it doesn't do anything to make my life easier...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    TGOTB wrote:
    Just responded. Sorry, but in my opinion it's a solution looking for a problem; it doesn't do anything to make my life easier...
    Might be okay for a relaxed commuting bike. But the rest of the time not so much.

Then again, the number of cyclists i see in a horrible great combination when out. Could probably be solved by a mechanical contraption though rather than electronic. Of course, when that broke it wouldn't be fixed.
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I just assumed that it was already on the list of things for Garmin to do when integrating with Di2/eTap/EPS, since all the technology is there already if you have a power meter and electronic gear shift.

Not a solution searching for a problem but probably one that has some big rivals already 95% of the way through the dev process.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    dhope wrote:
    I just assumed that it was already on the list of things for Garmin to do when integrating with Di2/eTap/EPS, since all the technology is there already if you have a power meter and electronic gear shift.

Not a solution searching for a problem but probably one that has some big rivals already 95% of the way through the dev process.

Probably also need to integrate some others aspects to make it work properly e.g. gradient, heart rate, speed. May be a sensor in the saddle in case you're standing on the pedals. Not impossible by any means.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • AutoGear
    AutoGear Posts: 3
    Dear Cyclists,

We would like to express our deepest respect to all the participants who spent their precious time doing our survey. The results, yet surprisingly since you are all said that you would like to try an electronic shifting :)

What do you think about "Electronic Gear Transmissions" for bicycles?

A. Yes, I would like to try this - 79%
    B. No, I do not like that ideas - 7%
    C. Other - 14%

Do you prefer...

A. Manually control your shifting process on bicycles - 60%
    B. Automatically controlled by a micro controller - 36%
    C. Other - 5%

About our Hybrid Gear Transmissions, unsurprisingly from an expert cyclists opinions, they would like to have an option which allows them to both control their gear positions either manually or automatically.

We still running our survey for another week, all contributions are highly appreciated.

Again, thank you for your time with us :)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.
    CREDIT: Jurassic park (the movie)
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    The Rookie wrote:
    Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.
    CREDIT: Jurassic park (the movie)

cyclocross-dinosaur.jpg
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo