Beer n curry thursday

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,424
edited July 2016 in The bottom bracket
Good cure for your heat wave :D

Going to cycle to the beach for beer and curry lunch (only cycling as its too hot for that walking malarkey)

Went out his morning and put 40kgs of sand in the bike trailer, no problem, now I know what it's like to be a FB, it was fine until the first corner, the trailer realllly wanted to go straight on :shock:
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Came back to work from home because the internet in the office was down, apparently its back up again now but the coffee and sausage rolls are better here. Weather is looking OK, hopefully getting up to Innerleithen on the bike later. No work tomorrow either which will be good
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Innerleithen - Gorgeous area of the world.

Weather's improving but now the usual day planned around Toots.

Hopefully pedalling later. I've actually racked up some serious miles in the last 10 days.

Trailers and wheelbarrows are just like women - difficult to pull or push and dead easy to upset.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Pulverised by the physio first thing. Rest of the day spent building furniture. Perhaps I should do those things in the reverse order.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    Innerleithen - Gorgeous area of the world.

Perfect for bikes of all kinds, plus there is a good bunch of younger people living there. I'd love to live over there but I can't quite make it work with our current office being where it is
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Cooked pancakes for the wife and kids then sent them off to the outlaws.
    Rode into work and done bugger all so far.
    Counting down the minutes until lunch, it's not curry though, that was yesterday.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Site visits this morning via the M60 car park.

Gonna ditch the formal wear at lunch in favour of some shorts and a tee as it's far to hot in the office.

If I can work out a way to go for a ride later I will but MrsHD has work deadlines for Tax Credits and is slowly sinking in paperwork.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    If I can work out a way to go for a ride later I will but MrsHD has work deadlines for Tax Credits and is slowly sinking in paperwork.

Sounds like a perfect reason to go for a ride...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning all,
    Slowish start this morning with yesterday's headache compounded with the traditional Thursday hangover. Had to take the girl to physio this morning, physio was pleased with her progress which is good.
    Good ride last night. Beautiful riding back through Richmond Park in the moonlight, it was so bright we turned our lights off and rode by moonlight. Nice view across the city as well. Slightly disappointed they've tarmacked the towpath from Ham House to Richmond, probably to appease the knobby Richmond types that don't want to get their shoes muddy.
    Not much going on in here today, at least I hope not.
    Onward and upward...
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Can't sit here trying to do nothing but drinking coffee all day. Off to make some tea.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Lunch at the refectory was terrible, some catalan fish stew nonsense.
    Sarnies, crisps and a cherry coke.
    ARGGHH my nespresso capsules have run out!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Off to Wales shortly - just cramming some lunch down my neck and delegating to the minions to keep them busy for the rest of the week. Pub tonight. Followed by two days of uplifts 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    Beer, cycling, 37c, feel a touch dehydrated now :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    team47b wrote:
    Beer, cycling, 37c, feel a touch dehydrated now :D
    More beer will fix that.
  • team47b
    ^ just starting to think the same thing :D