That looks expensive

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,474
edited July 2016 in The cake stop
I'm not sure what will be more expensive, the repair bill or the damage to reputation of the RN.

36731CAC00000578-3700175-image-a-1_1469051010965.jpg

Which makes me thankful if I drop a boll0ck it's only money and not lives.
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    someone might lose a boll0ck
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    makes a change to see one without a fishing boat attached.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    A merchant ship.

They could save a whole pile of money by giving Gibraltar back. That way, they wouldn't need to incur the cost of patrolling it!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Repair the sub' or buy three Dyson hairdryers.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • ukiboy
    ukiboy Posts: 891
    It's just minor cosmetic damage - that'll T-Cut out no problem!
    Outside the rat race and proud of it
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    ukiboy wrote:
    It's just minor cosmetic damage - that'll T-Cut out no problem!

Yeah it's not like it's a dent in a top tube or anything :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Just think these things will carry our new extremely expensive, American controlled nuclear war heads.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    plowmar wrote:
    Just think these things will carry our new extremely expensive, American controlled nuclear war heads.
    Nah mate, them ain't been built yet. These are 'attack submarines'. Military boys n their toys eh.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    alll joking aside the RN usually take those types of collisions very seriously, the commander at the very least normally ends up being court martialled for it and could be dismissed entirely from the service if found negligent.
  • Garry H
    Do they make a carbon fibre one?
  • Garry H wrote:

Of course not, they get wet remember :)
  • Garry H
    xdoc wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Of course not, they get wet remember :)

Ahhh, so maybe nobody told them about carbon fibre and water then. Collision with a merchant ship, my rse!
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    That boat has had a history of mishaps since its start of service!
    Commander (Captain, I don't know the terminology on a sub. :oops: ) shot dead by own crew member in sub rage incident.
    Ran aground on exercise, and then hit the tug sent to tow it off some hours later!

She's cursed. Cursed I tells ya!
    (Read the last line again, in a mock pirate style, for full effect. :wink: )
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Pituophis wrote:
    Commander (Captain, I don't know the terminology on a sub. :oops: ) shot dead by own crew member in sub rage incident.
    Ran aground on exercise, and then hit the tug sent to tow it off some hours later!

The sub in the image above is HMS Ambush, the sub you are referencing was HMS Astute, the chap who was shot and killed was the weapons engineering officer. The commander who ran aground was relieved of command 5 days after the incident.

Do you write for the Daily Express? If you don't I'd send your contribution in as you meet their criteria for output :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Slowmart wrote:
    Pituophis wrote:

The sub in the image above is HMS Ambush, the sub you are referencing was HMS Astute, the chap who was shot and killed was the weapons engineering officer. The commander who ran aground was relieved of command 5 days after the incident.

Do you write for the Daily Express? If you don't I'd send your contribution in as you meet their criteria for output :wink:

Actually, I read it on Sky news. But I stand corrected sir. :oops: