C60 plwh

markyone
markyone Posts: 1,119
edited August 2016 in Your road bikes
After being involed in a crash on my previous c60 I now have this :D
it took 2 weeks from Italy so very pleased.

IMG_2276_zpsdcx51npv.jpg
IMG_2347_zpsmin8zorn.jpg
IMG_2398_zps0ynrhqlg.jpg
Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
Pinarello F8 with sram etap

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    What a bike, excellent frames there,s just something about Colnago,s which puts them in a class of the their own
  • Crash sounds nasty, lovely looking bikes
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Nice bikes.

I prefer the old one looks-wise going by the photos. Saying that, the fade on the seatpost on it hardly shows so it doesn't visually work like it's supposed to, I always thought a plain black post was a better choice for this colour scheme on the smaller sizes for this reason.

C60s are weird because all the schemes look quite different in real life. The pink one looks nothing special in photos but built up with all the kit kept black it can look really good.

How have you found them compared to the C59?
  • markyone
    mfin wrote:
    Nice bikes.

I prefer the old one looks-wise going by the photos. Saying that, the fade on the seatpost on it hardly shows so it doesn't visually work like it's supposed to, I always thought a plain black post was a better choice for this colour scheme on the smaller sizes for this reason.

C60s are weird because all the schemes look quite different in real life. The pink one looks nothing special in photos but built up with all the kit kept black it can look really good.

How have you found them compared to the C59?
    Not much difference to be honest for me to notice.
  • Nice. So,was the old frame totaled ?
  • markyone
    Nice. So,was the old frame totaled ?
    Front end was not good no cracks apart from bars ,but did not fancy riding it after.
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Lovely bikes you have there Mark. The Evade looking lovely too. I did get mine in the end but need to get around to taking some decent pictures of it.
  • markyone
    Lovely bikes you have there Mark. The Evade looking lovely too. I did get mine in the end but need to get around to taking some decent pictures of it.
    Yes get some pics up,i keep looking under ti forum but nothing yet.
  • cantaloupe
    cantaloupe Posts: 34
    What a bike, excellent frames there,s just something about Colnago,s which puts them in a class of the their own

No point in being brand loyal, they're all made in Asia.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    cantaloupe wrote:

You really shouldn't come out with stuff like that if you don't know what you're talking about.
  • Camcycle1974
    cantaloupe wrote:

And? Your point is? Most things are made in Asia! Yes, Giant makes bikes for Colnago etc and Enigmas are now made there too (except for custom) but that doesn't mean they are lower quality or that you should not be brand loyal. :?
  • imposter2.0
    Point is, the C60 is made in Italy...
  • cantaloupe
    cantaloupe Posts: 34
    Imposter wrote:

this is what colnago would have you believe that this is the only bike left that's made in italy.

The fact is colnago are known to lie about where bikes are made./ and I don't have the blind faith you do.

it also does'nt matter to a lot of people
  • imposter2.0
    cantaloupe wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

this is what colnago would have you believe that this is the only bike left that's made in italy.

The fact is colnago are known to lie about where bikes are made./ and I don't have the blind faith you do.

Lol - the production line for the C60 is in Italy. Just google it ffs. Either Colnago are perpretrating a monumental hoax on the world, or you are talking bollox.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    Imposter wrote:
    cantaloupe wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

Looking back at his 18 or so posts he seems to be a very confused individual. Either that or he's posting sub standard attempts at trolling.

Keep saving your paper round money and maybe you'll own one of these one day.

Lol - the production line for the C60 is in Italy. Just google it ffs. Either Colnago are perpretrating a monumental hoax on the world, or you are talking bollox.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    It's a conspiracy theory, akin to the lunar landings.
  • 'aw cmon not this again...

Colnago imports the usual Toray carbon from Asia and then glue and paint the whole damn thing in Italy with highly unionized communists workers that takes the day off when a football match is on,that's why a Colnago frame is so stupidly expensive..
  • thegreatdivide
    edited July 2016
    double post
  • thegreatdivide
    Mark - it looks great chief!
  • Camcycle1974
    Imposter wrote:

True. Some of them (Colnagos) aren't though which I thought is what he was getting at?
  • bontie
    bontie Posts: 177
    cantaloupe wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

It seems to me you are one of the few it does matter then?

Nice bike Mark - do you still have the old frame then?
  • markyone
    Thanks bontie, the frame went back to the insurers
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Imposter wrote:

I'm thinking the second one.

And I like the replacement frame colour better; it's a lovely thing.