Rotator Cuff Pain

louman999
louman999 Posts: 90
I've been cycling properly for around a year. However recently in my right shoulder I get this awful pain coming from around the rotator cuff area. If I carry on for long enough i get pins and needles in my right hand. The only way I can make it feel slightly better is to take my both hands of the handlebars and press my shoulder back with my left hand this makes a loud clicking noise and then it feels a bit better. I've ruled out bike fit as I've tried everything shorter stem, raising stem you name it. I find it strange how this only occurs in my right shoulder.

Comments

• Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I have rotator cuff problems with both shoulders ( the result of a mis-spent youth), and get the pins and needles in my left hand whilst cycling. Tried all sorts of positional changes, but to no avail. I've had physio for it, which mostly involved the use of a latex band thing and going to the gym. It's a lot better than it was.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    You may have been through this already but get it checked out with your doctor. Targeted exercises can help build strength and flexibility.
  • mrwibble
    mrwibble Posts: 980
    Try broom stick or elastic band shoulder rotations to get things moving again...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=BOOMS ... +ROTATIONS
  • How old are you OP? Most common shoulder problems are age-dependant to a certain degree