Sweaty Tuesday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
edited July 2016 in The bottom bracket
Well it will be soon. Its actually quite pleasant in the train this morning, although coffee would help.

The Big Smoke is set for a bit of a hot one so may head out at lunchtime and try to top up my non-existent tan. Between now and then I will have to deal with a few idiots.
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I'd tell him to get out of his bedroom.

London in a suit would not be fun today, so I'll take the provincial town with rugby shorts and a T.

OK back to work, want this desk cleared to allow for long lunches and an early dash for a long pedal this evening
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Interview in Birmingham, followed by lunch. Fettling in anticipation for the local chainy this evening.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Working local (ish) so a nice pedal in on the best bike :)

Should be home at a reasonable time so I may get chance to paint the front door :)
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Sitting in the office for now, hopefully going to go and look at some trees this afternoon. BBQ with some friends at the loch up the road after work, should be good
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Glorious day out there,
    Just been for a stroll up the road to get some Piritan tablets, had to stop at Greggs as I passed of course. There are lots of people out not wearing very much, this being the areshole of the universe that is not a good thing. There should be signs up saying "dress for the body you have, not the body you want". Actually, a lot of the locals just shouldn't be allowed out.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Despite a BBQ and a few bottles of red last night I managed a ride this morning before work, fantastic weather and the first time this year without a base layer!

23EE8EA8-33A1-4E8B-9574-9BC276B322B8_zpsq4wqvh8e.jpg
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I'll match that ^ later.

Did you get to the top of that gigantic climb under your own steam xxxl HD?

Me doing nothing me. PPP on hold whilst brother visits. Sooner rather than later I must get the grass cut.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    Funnily enough, yes. Thats only about half way up though.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Still chilling at home, eldest brat back from south of France suitably tanned and moaning his bedrooms to hot. Going to fetch a couple of fans later and some beer do the fridge.
    Tesco tower fans, £20 a pop. I just bought a couple, one for the hound and one for us.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Spent half the morning lazing about on sun-lounge by the pool, was *almost* sweating in the heat, but cool refreshments every 15 minutes or so helped.

Wasted the rest of the day.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Scorchio in Mayfair. Brought out some interesting views on the pavements :D
  • veronese68
    florerider wrote:
    Scorchio in Mayfair. Brought out some interesting views on the pavements :D
    Different league to Hanworth I suspect. :evil:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Someone has to be a loser V68.

Wasn't bad in Chester but then selective sight helps
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Flâneur wrote:

Wasn't bad in Chester but then selective sight helps

You saw me? :)
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:

Nah, no-one has mentioned Stranraer. I am going to avoid the TC because I don't think I could put up with the stench of Eau De L'ardy Ar$e cooking in the sun.
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    We used to be based in Richmond, it was great. Pretty girls and good pubs. There aren't even any pubs around here any more. One is a McDonalds and the other a Tesco Express. Mind you we didn't go in them when they were open as they were truly appalling, one of the few times a pub has improved by becoming a supermarket.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Still chilling at home, eldest brat back from south of France suitably tanned and moaning his bedrooms to hot. Going to fetch a couple of fans later and some beer do the fridge.
    Tesco tower fans, £20 a pop. I just bought a couple, one for the hound and one for us.
    Are they noisy?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    Is cycling home in just a pair of bibs acceptable?
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:

Are you anticipating that you may dribble a lot?
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    seanoconn wrote:
    Only if you also have an HRM.
    Afternoon all, proper scorchio here in south Hampshire. Just back from me holidays in Norfolk, and packing away all the camping gear is hot work. I am keeping hydrated by drinking some beer.
    Stay cool, everyone.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • seanoconn
    Pinno wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

Are you anticipating that you may dribble a lot?
    Wimbledon is okish for pretty summer girls but I mainly ask the question because it's fecking hot and I don't want to wear my jersey.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    seanoconn wrote:

might need to gaffer tape some cleats to your feet but you should be ok.

I actually did see someone cycling this morning with bib shorts and no top, one guy with no top at all but a beanie hat on and one in what looked like a full winter jacket! so to summaries, wear what you like!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Are they noisy?
    Nope, nice and unobtrusive. Quiet enough to have on in the bedroom overnight as well.

3 speeds, oscillator option and a timer. Bargainous.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Utterly glorious day here including find out that my new Cannondale CAAD 2 mountain bike that I got for nothing is mint. Span kerbs. Even TDV like it.

Save for losing my wallet and The Zhound vomiting on bambina it was a wonderful day.

And only 2 days before we go home as a famiglia for the first time in 4/5 years - huzzah huzzah!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    And only 2 days before we go home as a famiglia for the first time in 4/5 years - huzzah huzzah!
    Where? Do I need to be on the lookout? I go in just over a week.
  • homers_double
    Got a message last night off mum, 33 degrees sat drinking Prosecco in Varenna waiting for the ferry.

My reply, "you can go off people you know..."
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Well Sean, did you manage to outrun all the ladies that were moist at the sight of your bare torso?
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Well Sean, did you manage to outrun all the ladies carrying baseball bats at the sight of your bare torso?

FTFY
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Lynxeffectparody_980px.jpg
  • pinno
    :D .