My Cervelo S3

badluck
badluck Posts: 14
edited July 2016 in Your road bikes
After crashing my R2 after a week of ownership due to some mysterious setup issue I now have my replacement, a 2016 Ultegra S3. I added some new Zipp 303s, Speedplay Stainless pedals and a K edge chain catcher. Loving it so far.

L1040914.jpg

L1040919.jpg

Comments

• effillo
    effillo Posts: 257
    Lovely bike.

What size is though? Looks tiny?
  • badluck
    effillo wrote:
    Lovely bike.

What size is though? Looks tiny?

51, i'm 5'6
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    It doesn't look UCI legal.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    styxd wrote:
    It doesn't look UCI legal.

Go on, tell us why...
  • shinsplint
    shinsplint Posts: 565
    Looks great.

I have an R2, so out of interest, can you tell me how they compare? Whilst I love the R2 as an all round road bike, the only thing it lacks slightly is absolute stiffness around the BB area, or at least compared to other bikes i've ridden.

What are your thoughts please?
  • Looks lovely, saddle looks quite far forward though if being mega aesthetically critical
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • badluck
    Looks lovely, saddle looks quite far forward though if being mega aesthetically critical

Thank you, Yeah I need a proper bike fit I think, I'm relatively new to cycling so still finding out what works best for me. I think I would be stretched a little too much if i push it too far back, would a slightly shorter stem help with this?
  • badluck
    ShinSplint wrote:
    Looks great.

I have an R2, so out of interest, can you tell me how they compare? Whilst I love the R2 as an all round road bike, the only thing it lacks slightly is absolute stiffness around the BB area, or at least compared to other bikes i've ridden.

What are your thoughts please?

I dont think I have enough experience to tell you the differences, especially since i only had the R2 a week. To me the handling on the r2 was a lot more twitchy. It was still a really nice bike though. I prefer the feel of the S3 however.
  • warrior4life
    warrior4life Posts: 925
    The bike looks about as short as you can make it, it actually looks like you would have been more suited to an endurance bike with a shorter reach and higher stack height.
    Maybe with time you'll adapt to the more aggressive bike, hopefully the shop you purchased the bike from will help you with your fit.
    The S3 is a great looking bike.