Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light Monday thread

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,316
edited July 2016 in The bottom bracket
No takers? Farq me. We must be into silly season.

Trying to get my carcass moving post last night's late ride and a full on weekend with the toots.

More coffee methinks.

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    That was a looooonnnnggggggg weekend.

BBQing on a Sunday isn't idea but one has to make the most of a sunny day.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Not enough bikes this weekend, getting out after work today which will be good. Trying not to hurt myself in the run up to going to France in a few weeks, easier said than done...
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Landed in a bramble patch this morning and my legs are in shreds. Appears to be just scratches though, so looks horrible but nothing serious. Finding little brambles and other things stuck in and picking them out as I find them.

Got to work and saw my bosses' status is "On crutches, very grumpy" so I'm not doing too bad.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning all,
    Good weekend was had, went to the Mini festival at Brands with the boy yesterday. That was good fun, unfortunately the boy now wants to take the Mini out on track. Quite a come down for him this week, from the world of F1 to club racing at Brands and now working in a dirty old warehouse. That should give him the incentive to apply himself now. Lots to do this week getting ready to go on holiday at the end of next week. Can't wait.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Proper warm summery ride into work this morning but a sweatfest is predicted this evening (and I'm not meeting my Scottish mates for a beer :) ) Muttley got his 'sheep shearing' haircut last week so if it gets any hotter we'll just have to hose him down.

Stropteen is still torturing musical instruments in Slovakia so there's still some peace and quiet in the house. On the plus side I will be having a gravity based double header at the end of this week and giving the 'piece of scaffolding with dustbin lids attached' * some abuse.

*TM Mr. S. Laphead roadie :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Forgot to say, we drove through the badlands of SE London and Kent yesterday so kept an eye open for old men in a Mazda 6. Luckily we got away with it.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Glorious day. Couple of hours on the bike. Lots of fettling jobs which is always entertaining...

N+1 opportunity tomorrow...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Forgot to say, we drove through the badlands of SE London and Kent yesterday so kept an eye open for old men in a Mazda 6. Luckily we got away with it.
    I didn't see any dodgy blokes in a mini with their heads poking out the sunroof.

I wouldn't let him on a trackday at Brands for his first go - costly if you get it wrong as I found out back in 2006 :oops: Try an airfield day or Bedford Aerodrome where there's lots of run off when things go pear shaped...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Try an airfield day or Bedford Aerodrome where there's lots of run off when things go pear shaped...
    That's what I was thinking, I'd want to do a lot of work on the car first as well. Amazing how slow the standard class cars looked on track and they were running lightly tuned 1275 lumps. Our slightly knackered old Mini 1000 is a little wheezy to say the least.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Stockingly stunning day with realisation that I'm going home in 4 days - huzzah! Huzzah!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Proper...giving the 'piece of scaffolding with dustbin lids attached' * some abuse.

You have one as well?!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Proper...giving the 'piece of scaffolding with dustbin lids attached' * some abuse.

You have one as well?!
    Apparently so.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Try an airfield day or Bedford Aerodrome where there's lots of run off when things go pear shaped...
    That's what I was thinking, I'd want to do a lot of work on the car first as well. Amazing how slow the standard class cars looked on track and they were running lightly tuned 1275 lumps. Our slightly knackered old Mini 1000 is a little wheezy to say the least.
    You might be better off buying a cheap old hot hatch of the 205 GTI or 5 GT Turbo variety, whack a half roll cage in it and drive it like you stole it.

Then you wont miss it too much if you trash it and you won't crap your pants quite so much when junior learns from his mistakes. Made me a bit edgy knowing my first track car (205) had no roll cage and was made out of Kit Kat wrappers and sticky back plastic.
  • veronese68
    Haha. We had a Lancia Delta 1.6ie as a track car. No cage, but good springs and shocks and competition brake pads and fluid. Not fast but cornered really well. Overtook a TVR Tuscan at Castle Combe in it, poor bloke was so embarrassed.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Haha. We had a Lancia Delta 1.6ie as a track car. No cage, but good springs and shocks and competition brake pads and fluid. Not fast but cornered really well. Overtook a TVR Tuscan at Castle Combe in it, poor bloke was so embarrassed.

Great car the Delta. TVR's ain't half crude. Tubular chassis with fibre glass bolted on, a big lump of an engine and no enhancements like traction control and LSD's. Tail happy, agricultural, unrefined, unharnessed.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thats the sort of thing you want to get ahain

Agree, TVR's were rubbish track cars, I got past a few in my 205 at Elvington.