The daily sunday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited July 2016 in The bottom bracket
Morning slackers.

Late ride today as a mate comes back from a wedding. Off to Wales maybe the road to hell who knows. The late start allowed for a good smoked salmon and avo breakfast. Can't remember last time I didn't ride fasted on a sunday

Don't be surprised if there is no boardman on itv today. Just seen on the local club FB page Carol got hit by a 4x4 and has passed away this morning. Seriously sucks for anyone.

Do I put the good tires on the climbing wheels or stick with the conti gp on deep rims. This decision will be made on laziness.
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    The GF got slightly upset when I suggested I went out on the bike today so we are going shopping. It's not the end of the world because the BBC appear to have been lying about it not being windy today, plus I was out yesterday on the MTB and I feel like I've been rattled to death. Luckily she's working tomorrow and Tuesday evening so I'll get out after work. Hopefully we will be back from wasting money in time to watch the tour...
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Day on the bike, but nothing too serious. Took the retro MTB for a pathway pootle, felt like a kid on a BMX at times it's that low and nippy. Fun! Took the other "new" bike out to the local park trails this afternoon for its maiden trip.

Pizza and wine for dinner. Do Sundays get any better?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Toots for now. Pedal later.

It's going to be summer on Tuesday and probably, Autumn on Wednesday and winter on Thursday so i'll clear the decks for a long pedal that day.

Just ride the friggin thing Flaneur. That's often the problem with choice...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    oxoman wrote:
    Birthday for me so beer and nice food later and possibly a run again

Just out of curiosity Oxoman, why running? - it's an impact activity. I thought the jarring wouldn't help. Why not a set of rollers or a Turbo Trainer?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Afternoon,

It's really humid and sweaty here. Pity I'm not on holiday with a swimming pool to hand. Did enjoy a lie in till 9 then a good fry up brekkie in town with a couple of mates although I now feel quite tired now and the EPO wants me to do more jobs :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Flâneur wrote:
    Morning slackers.

Late ride today as a mate comes back from a wedding. Off to Wales maybe the road to hell who knows. The late start allowed for a good smoked salmon and avo breakfast. Can't remember last time I didn't ride fasted on a sunday

Don't be surprised if there is no boardman on itv today. Just seen on the local club FB page Carol got hit by a 4x4 and has passed away this morning. Seriously sucks for anyone.

Do I put the good tires on the climbing wheels or stick with the conti gp on deep rims. This decision will be made on laziness.
    Who is Carol?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    75 mile club run, back for 1pm so all is good

Family dinner tonight and a recovery ride for tomorrow in anticipation of Tuesday's chain gang
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    seanoconn wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Morning slackers.

Who is Carol?
    His mother.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Webboo wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Morning slackers.

Who is Carol?
    His mother.
    Bugger :(
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    As answered above.

Ps deep rims 80 miles in the sunshine, topped up the tan and finished with a shake at the local rib house
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy