Bike Delivery

westonpark
westonpark Posts: 57
edited July 2016 in Road beginners
Morning guys,

A quick question. I'm looking to post a bike to a new owner, what are my options? Are there dedicated services for this type of thing.

Cheers

Mike

Comments

• singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,489
    You could use p4d, parcelmonkey, senditnow... You just need to watch insurance limits.

When I sent one recently I ended up using parcelshipper as it was the best price when I added in appropriate levels of insurance.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    There are dedicated services.

Personally I'd not buy a bike at a distance - i prefer to inspect and pick it up.

If you're selling - make sure you have lots of good pics before you send it and pack it well.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    I have had 2 bikes delivered by UPS from ROSE in Germany, packed in strong cardboard boxes, properly padded and protected. Both have arrived in perfect condition. Go for it.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • cosine
    cosine Posts: 2
    I just ordered my first carbon bike(BH Quartz) from theproscloset.com and will pick it up in person(Boulder, Colorado) in a couple of hours. I'm upgrading from my father's old 1990's steel Bianchi, so quite the jump.

They say it comes boxed up, with the front wheel, handlebars and seat post needing assembly.

Putting on a front wheel or a seat seems piss easy, I can be precise with that, but handlebars? Connecting gears and brakes seems a lot more complicated... is it worth it to pay someone to assemble that properly?
  • Zendog1
    Zendog1 Posts: 816
    The gears and brakes will all be connected.

All you have to do is fit the bars on the stem - easy.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    If you go for a bike fitting mate then everything will be tuned to your exact size and style anyway mate.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP