Is Tuesday the Bottom Bracket pro tour rest day?

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 7,978
edited July 2016 in The bottom bracket
You lot must be having a lie-in as there isn't a "Tuesday" thread so you'll all have to put up with this stinking piece of crap excuse of a thread instead.

Joined the gym last night, did a basic program this morning.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I went to a gym once. The guy showing us the equipment was banging on about how you had to be totally dedicated and you couldn't go to the gym and then go out drinking. Within 20 minutes of leaving the gym I was stood in the back garden turning sausages over on the bbq with one hand, beer in the other and a rollie hanging out my mouth telling my mates I was totally dedicated and wouldn't be returning to the gym.
    Quieter day in here, but not quiet enough. Out to take the girl to school later. Had a call from the boy last night, he was absolutely buzzing with excitement. Said it was really good, amazing technology but also good fun and extreme geekery.
    Anyway, more tea is needed.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    You lot must be having a lie-in as there isn't a "Tuesday" thread so you'll all have to put up with this stinking piece of crap excuse of a thread instead.

We'll need before and after pics.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • homers_double
    Trust me, you do not need the before pics.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    No offence HD, but I can't say I'm desperate to see the after pics either.
  • homers_double
    Is "woofter" an acceptable phrase to use in here regarding SO?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Forget the pics.

Prevaricating, procrastinating... Sodding Waxoyl underseal won't dry quickly in this temperature else I would be cutting grass with the ride on, so hours of strimming for me, Pedalling will have to wait until tomorrow.

Farq it, let's have another coffee.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Is "woofter" an acceptable phrase to use in here regarding SO?

Probably not but suck it and see.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Feet up, day's work done, just waiting for my mug of tea and two chocolate biscuits, hypo cure strategy :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    Anywhere else in the forum I'd say no, but in here amongst 'friends' I'd say it's an acceptable level of mickey taking. It may be more accurate to say "perv", deviant" or "complete f@cking fruitcake" though. One thing's for sure he doesn't seem to be fussy.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569

I've not done a basic program since I got rid of my ZX Spectrum (48k)
  • seanoconn
    I don't have to come on here to be insulted! I'll see you lot round the back of Greggs tomorrow evening, I'll show you who's a woofter!

Bring your before and after pics :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Veronese68 wrote:
    No offence HD, but I can't say I'm desperate to see the after pics either.
    We've already got the before pic, it's in the caption comp a few pages back :P

On train into work after doing a few calls from home while final panics were had over Stropteens suitcase packing. Will go directly into lunch and bump a meeting with a minion into the mid afternoon. Ahh, the power :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    I don't have to come on here to be insulted! /quote]
    I'm sure you can get insulted anywhere. :mrgreen:
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I've spent the morning looking at bikes and creating a perfect cube out of a piece of blu-tack.
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:
    I've spent the morning looking at bikes and creating a perfect cube out of a piece of blu-tack.

Pop it in the fridge to cure it.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    I don't have to come on here to be insulted! /quote]
    I'm sure you can get insulted anywhere. :mrgreen:
    We could be the new Morecambe & Wise :D
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Failed at dying today, but it was not a bad attempt.

Fixed a few* things round the house. Had coffee. Visited a mate to get help with unsticking a really stuck thing. This involved oxy bottles, a hyooj vice and assorted hand tools. Job done. Had more coffee, with cake this time.

This evening will be drugs then bed. Jeez I hate being unwell.

* Ok, replaced three light globes, but it still counts.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Alive, got to move officers tomorrow which sucks, means I have to look at everything I hid in desk draws to decide if I hide it again or shred it.

Anyway real cycling note, HD (i think this is your way) any suggestions for cafes in the peaks buxton/bakewell/Holmes firth direction? Off for a bimble on Sunday starting and ending at Alderly Edge.

Training tonight, think I'll make some people suffer, eaten to many chocolate biscuits today as the Date took my lunch rather than hers from the fridge. Yes I have been giving her grief all day.

Further any suggestions for a long haul 2/3 week holiday at the end of August. She has Bali in mind, Sri Lanker has been knocked out as has most of Thailand and Bangkok
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    Further any suggestions for a long haul 2/3 week holiday at the end of August. She has Bali in mind, Sri Lanker has been knocked out as has most of Thailand and Bangkok

You'll never go cycling in any of those places.

Tuscany for 10 days.

Spend the next 10 on the med (Capri perhaps) or even a short trip West from Tuscany and go explore the Northern Adriatic coast.

If you must go long haul - Seychelles?
  • veronese68
    Pleased to hear you failed. Was it due to being unwell or the oxy bottles? I know which would be more exciting.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pleased to hear you failed. Was it due to being unwell or the oxy bottles? I know which would be more exciting.

I bet his partner is pleased too. Imagine all that junk in the garage that he would have to put up for sale.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    I bet his partner is pleased too. Imagine all that junk in the garage that he would have to put up for sale.
    If the oxy acetylene was in his garage that might get rid of it for him.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Imagine if they didn't know the value of all those bikes eh.

Not sure if she is listening destinations which limit bike use.

Saw somewhere in Tuscany (link when I am home) for myself and a group of friends?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    If the oxy acetylene was in his garage that might get rid of it for him.

You can have a lot of fun with that stuff.

Take an empty 5 litre oil/plastic container, some 3/5 amp fuse wire, some cable (speaker wire is good and cheap) and a 12v car battery.

Melt 2 little holes in the lid. Fashion a glow plug into the inside of the lid with the fuse wire protruding out of the top of the lid. Seal the wire holes with something hot - lighter/wax/soldering iron. Collapse the container. Put a hole in the side, inflate the container with OA through the hole - you don't need to pressurise the container. Bung something in the hole to retain the acetylene - ear plugs are good for that.
    Attach the speaker cable to the glow plug with crocodile clips. Attach the other end to the car battery at a distance. A very good loud bang occurs about 1 to 2 seconds after connection.
  • homers_double
    Flâneur wrote:
    Anyway real cycling note, HD (i think this is your way) any suggestions for cafes in the peaks buxton/bakewell/Holmes firth direction? Off for a bimble on Sunday starting and ending at alderly edge

Not my patch I'm afraid, sorry.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    Just told the GF I was going to spend my house deposit money on a new bike. I'm amazed she still takes anything I say seriously but needless to say she wasn't pleased...
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    HaydenM wrote:
    Just told the GF I was going to spend my house deposit money on a new bike. I'm amazed she still takes anything I say seriously but needless to say she wasn't pleased...

Always good to keep them on their toes I suppose.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    HaydenM wrote:
    Is that a stupidly.expensive bike or a stupidly cheap house?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    HaydenM wrote:

Say you're buying a bike shop with a flat above it.
  • haydenm
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Is that a stupidly.expensive bike or a stupidly cheap house?

A bit of both, it's my half of a deposit for a £170k house and we haven't quite finished saving yet...

Houses are cheap here, bikes are not :(