2016 Tarmac Comp

bmxboy10
bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
edited August 2017 in Your road bikes
So bought myself a carbon race bike on RTW. Forgot how compliant carbon bikes can be and this one feels really smooth on the road. Fit is smaller than I have gone for in the past and I now realise a 54 fits way better than a 56 despite the increased drop of bar height.

Colour scheme is a it marmite but it was one of the things that attracted me to the bike in the first place an I love it. Ultegra and Praxis chainset are awesome. Swapped the tyres for Conti 25s but with this frame I could easily go to 28s which is a nice detail of the frame I think.

Happy bunny :D
IMG_2647_zps34asjt2w.jpg

Comments

• Mr Stamp
    Mr Stamp Posts: 58
    Quality bikes are the Tarmac Comps, I've upgraded the wheels on mine and a thousand miles in and it still rides beautifully.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Love the colourscheme!
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Sure you can go 28's? My 2011 Tarmac won't take them - not enough clearance behind the seat tube (and the brakes were a bit close)
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Top choice and bike, enjoy in good health!
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • The old Gulf racing colourscheme, GT40s and Porsche, those were the days. Nice bike too!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Interesting about the colour:

Curiously, the company say this custom colour is designed to naturally age over time, and exposure to prolonged direct sunlight will cause it to exhibit splashes of a dark rich colour, which is a deliberate design feature
  • bmxboy10
    Slowbike wrote:
    Sure you can go 28's? My 2011 Tarmac won't take them - not enough clearance behind the seat tube (and the brakes were a bit close)
    Well I've not tried but the Contis come up big and the 25s I've fitted leave plenty of clearance.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,170
    LIke it
    left the forum March 2023
  • bmxboy10
    Updated with new Ksyrium Pro Exalith wheels and Specialized Hover bars fitted

https://www.flickr.com/gp/153835028@N03/04404J
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Love it, glad to see another one that isn't black on black
    I've got a Tarmac SL4 Sport (Orange) and it's a brilliant bike.
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    Lovely looking bike!
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,170
    Very nice
    left the forum March 2023
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    solboy10 wrote:
    Hover bars fitted

The Roubaix might've been a better fit?
  • bmxboy10
    styxd wrote:
    solboy10 wrote:
    Hover bars fitted

The Roubaix might've been a better fit?
    No I didn't like it. TBH the best bit about the bars is the ergonomics rather than the rise and they are the best bars I have ever used and are a bargain at £35.
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    If you moved your saddle forward you'd probably find you could lower your bars.
  • I've got a Tarmac Comp and love it! But I second the caution on the 28mm tyres - I'm running Schwalbe Ones in 25mm and I don't think I could go up to 28s. Maybe see if you could try some before buying?