Beginner gear?!

GeorgeCCole
GeorgeCCole Posts: 13
edited July 2016 in Road beginners
Hello guys! First post on this forum :)

I have recently bought a road bike which I'll be using to commute (sometimes) but mostly because I LOOOOVE BIKES.

Now, as you might have realised by the title, I am looking for some not very expensive gear and clothes. Stuff like padded thermals / pants / trousers , phone mount , upper body jacket or what ever.. I'm so bad at this.

Not sure how the forum works and if you can link me some good gear and clothes but if so, it would be amazing as I have looked around various websites but I have no idea what's good and bad..

Thanks a lot !

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Hi George, have a look at the DHB range of clothing at wiggle.co.uk good value for the money and not to expensive, wiggle are also good for returns if you order the wrong sizes
  • Hi George, have a look at the DHB range of clothing at wiggle.co.uk good value for the money and not to expensive, wiggle are also good for returns if you order the wrong sizes

Will do so!
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Decathlon will rig you out in sensible jersey, baselayer and bibs for around £50
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Hi George, have a look at the DHB range of clothing at wiggle.co.uk good value for the money and not to expensive, wiggle are also good for returns if you order the wrong sizes

Will do so!

Chainreaction, Wiggle, Wheelies and sigma sport all have free returns iirc.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Daniel B wrote:

Will do so!

Chainreaction, Wiggle, Wheelies and sigma sport all have free returns iirc.

Ohh that's great to know. Just ordered a bunch of things from wiggle now, hope they'll fit. I did the measurements thing.