can we share a garmin 810

vci380
vci380 Posts: 17
edited July 2016 in Road beginners
I've just bought my road biking other half a garmin 810. Can we share this so i tell it its me and take it for a ride and it uploads to my garmin connect and my strava and if she tells it its her and takes for a ride it uploads to he garmin connect and to her stava?
If so how. Only just got it today so no delved deep yet but just did a quick search and couldnt find anything.

Comments

• andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    Yes. Upload to Strava directly from the unit, you can choose which rides to upload. Don't synch Strava with Garmin Connect and you can do the same (I think) with Connect - if not, upload all rides and delete the ones that aren't yours.
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    Best option is to have two users on the PC. With two different accounts you can connect the logged in user to their Garmin accounts. You can also have to different bikes on the 810 if you want to pair censors from different bike's. I guess partners that don't ride together stay together.
  • vci380
    vci380 Posts: 17
    Jees really? I thought this would be a basic feature, not a messy workaround. It's a 300 quid piece of kit, it's not like people will be like "oh that's ok, I'll just buy another". I'm not even that bothered to be honest as i use Strava on my phone anyway, it would just have been nice to be able to borrow it when she's not using it.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Your best bet is to raise a ticket with Garmin Support (will take a week or so) and see what they say?

Having two accounts on a LT etc etc seems a right faff.
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    vci380 wrote:
    Jees really? I thought this would be a basic feature, not a messy workaround. It's a 300 quid piece of kit, it's not like people will be like "oh that's ok, I'll just buy another". I'm not even that bothered to be honest as i use Strava on my phone anyway, it would just have been nice to be able to borrow it when she's not using it.
    I would have thought if your other half lets you borrow her new Garmin 810 :wink:, then at the end of your ride you could just do a manual upload to your Strava account. If your ride subsequently syncs to her Strava account after her next ride, she just needs to delete it from her account.