Bird Bikes

2»

Comments

• Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    By the way, the zooms on your otherwise nice site – hate, hate, hate! When I click to zoom an image I want to see a large version of the image not be forced to view the item through a letterbox. Very annoying. A small thing, sure, but something that could be done better.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    If anyone would like to demo the Zero, we'll be at Afan Lodge all weekend for the UKGE. We will be bringing a couple of spare bikes for demos, so email me on ben@birdmtb.co.uk if you'd like to try one :)
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    Ben are you able to supply frame only? Looking to do an aggressive 650b HT build with my spare Fox 34's and figured yours may fit the bill. Plus you're fairly local.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • benpinnick
    Yep check out our site for various frame only options (http://shop.birdmtb.com/framesets.html). Ben
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • BloggingFit
    I see reference to a shimano only rear hub compatability but assume my bontrager should work? May pop in on Thursday if you're about with wheel to see and check frame sizing as well...
  • benpinnick
    Only Shimano axles (But we supply them anyway with the frame) any 142/12 rear hub will be good.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick
    I see reference to a shimano only rear hub compatability but assume my bontrager should work? May pop in on Thursday if you're about with wheel to see and check frame sizing as well...

And yes we'll be there thursday!
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    By the way, the zooms on your otherwise nice site – hate, hate, hate! When I click to zoom an image I want to see a large version of the image not be forced to view the item through a letterbox. Very annoying. A small thing, sure, but something that could be done better.

I actually agree with this, I don't like it either (sorry :oops: )
  • benpinnick
    welshkev wrote:

Yeah, I am not keen. Its the default setting of the ecommerce system. When I get the chance I will kill it :)
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Angus Young
    benpinnick wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

Yeah, I am not keen. Its the default setting of the ecommerce system. When I get the chance I will kill it :)

Good man! It's like walking into a showroom, asking if you can see the bike that's across the room and them saying "Yeah, sure, go stand outside the front door, we'll bring the bike over and you can look at it through the letterbox." :lol:
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Is it me, or can you add stuff to a compare list but there is no way to view the comparison?
  • benpinnick
    apreading wrote:
    Is it me, or can you add stuff to a compare list but there is no way to view the comparison?

You can but its a bit useless right now I am afraid (so dont bother :( )
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • BloggingFit
    Popped in this afternoon to see Ben and check out the frames. Top guy and nice set up going. Ended up purchasing a frame for a 140mm Hardtail build which should be fun. Chucking in Invisiframe for free which is a nice touch. Collecting next Thursday when I'm off (could have been ready for tomorrow if I wanted) so will post photos in the relevant section from then.
  • Qui3tman
    Qui3tman Posts: 94
    benpinnick wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    Certainly look forward to seeing how they evolve over the next few years, Ben has hinted at FS bikes in the past, even carbon IIRC, more British brands at reasonable prices are always good in my book!

FS will be out later this year. 140/150 mm travel 'trail' bike .... Carbon HT designs are done, but creating the molds is an expensive game, so it probably wont make it to proto until late 2014.

Anything more concrete on the Full Sus yet?
  • benpinnick
    Qui3tman wrote:
    benpinnick wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    Certainly look forward to seeing how they evolve over the next few years, Ben has hinted at FS bikes in the past, even carbon IIRC, more British brands at reasonable prices are always good in my book!

FS will be out later this year. 140/150 mm travel 'trail' bike .... Carbon HT designs are done, but creating the molds is an expensive game, so it probably wont make it to proto until late 2014.

Anything more concrete on the Full Sus yet?

No concrete but plenty of alu... 3 weeks and counting :) Just to whet your appetite for those that care... heres the geo and sizing.... 5 model sizes, 5 colour options across the range. 140 or 150mm travel adjustable :) Pricing will be circa £750 > £1000 for frameset depending on shock choice, full builds (in our usual all-good stuff style) starting from around £1600.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e46r4wlokjk3w ... ometry.pdf
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Good value that is. As long as it's not single pivot its all good.
  • benpinnick
    Think a cross between a zesty and a capra and you're getting there... Not long now
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    ^ sounds awesome
  • Angus Young
    benpinnick wrote:
    Think a cross between a zesty and a capra and you're getting there...

A bold claim there... :)
  • Qui3tman
    Qui3tman Posts: 94
    benpinnick wrote:

I'm hoping we get to see some pics of the prototypes in August :D
  • benpinnick
    Qui3tman wrote:
    benpinnick wrote:

I'm hoping we get to see some pics of the prototypes in August :D

I'll post you up some pics when they arrive - this is second round protos, so I am hoping that these will be production ready. We've rejigged pretty much every tube and bearing housing though, so it might still need another round... we'll see.

Just FYI for anyone that cares - the bikes will be offered as complete builds with a decent package running Sweeps and XFusion rear shock from around £1600, going to a Pike/Monarch plus build with top end kit at around £2500. A CCDB Air CS will be an option on all builds and framesets too.

Hopefully the top end bikes will also run the new Bird Carbon AM wheels if I can get through testing in the next couple of months. We're working on something pretty cool for those wheels ;)
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    Saw one of your bikes at Swinley the other day. Looked good.

I really like how you seem to have picked quality components throughout - even on the cheapest option - all the way down to the tyres. Good job.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    benpinnick wrote:

Just FYI for anyone that cares - the bikes will be offered as complete builds with a decent package running Sweeps and XFusion rear shock from around £1600, going to a Pike/Monarch plus build with top end kit at around £2500. A CCDB Air CS will be an option on all builds and framesets too.

Hopefully the top end bikes will also run the new Bird Carbon AM wheels if I can get through testing in the next couple of months. We're working on something pretty cool for those wheels ;)

Sounds awesome. If you wanna send a proto over for some Alpine testing and photo shoot let me know! Presume the frame will take a 160mm Pike with no issues :wink:
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • leythervegas
    leythervegas Posts: 191
    Really tempted by the Zero TR-NX11. Anyone got any feedback or pictures to tempt me further? Been spending a lot of time on the website speccing one and not sure whether to go for the x fusion streat forks or shell out for some revelations? Anyone tried the x fusion? Any good?
  • muttley_109
    muttley_109 Posts: 177
    Really tempted by the Zero TR-NX11. Anyone got any feedback or pictures to tempt me further? Been spending a lot of time on the website speccing one and not sure whether to go for the x fusion streat forks or shell out for some revelations? Anyone tried the x fusion? Any good?

I bought a TR-NX11 and went for the X-fusion fork. I was going to get the pike forks but wanted a reverb aswell and my budget wouldnt stretch that far. So far though I have no regrets, the x-fusions are doing the job just fine and are getting me down the red trails. I've only had it a couple of months so i cant comment on reliability jut yet.

DSC_0226.jpg

DSC_0162.jpg
    Cannondale CAAD 10
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc 10
    Bird Zero TR
  • leythervegas
    leythervegas Posts: 191
    Cheers Muttley, that looks very nice. I'm sure the x fusion ride well but i am still tempted to go for the revs. Very undecided. Love the colour of yours, superb.