CO2 inflators which one

eric_draven
eric_draven Posts: 1,192
edited July 2016 in MTB buying advice
Does any one on any preference on which CO2 inflator they use,I'm going to the alps and running tube less,i was thinking of buying one of these in case of emergency as i'm doing a trans alp trip and not always near a resort to sort it out,I will be carrying a tube if all else fails

Comments

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    I just use one of those small elbow valve ones an a neoprene sleeve round the can, still wrap my gloves round it but saves space and faff.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I've had (and lost) a few. Ones the same as another really.
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    I bought mine in Aldi for a fiver. Works just fine.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Decathlon do a decent one at a good price as do Evans, they all work, just make sure they have a protective sleeve for the CO2 bulb as cold burns are no fun trailside.

That said if it's a damaged tyre you will still need a tube and I stil carry a pump anyway, handy the other day when a mate flatted his tubeless, used one canister to try and inflate it but it wouldn't seal, another to inflate the tube and the damn valve unscrewed from the valve stem with the CO2 inflators and we had to use the pump to inflate it for the third time!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mattyfez
    mattyfez Posts: 638
    ^what he said, I have a one from evans, it works, cannisters with foam surrounds are worth it or remember to wear a glove or something, they get very cold when you use them!

Thos particular one doesn't lock on though so you have to make sure to hold it on square to the valve.

IMG_20160704_193015_zpslxbqoaak.jpg
  • Dan_xz
    Dan_xz Posts: 130
    The aldi one screw onto the presta valve and works great. Down to £3.50 clearance price now - got a couple of spares for various toolboxes & saddlebags. 8)