New Bike, 2015 S-Works Tarmac

auzzy87
auzzy87 Posts: 7
edited July 2016 in Your road bikes
I finally got my summer project done! I have built my road bike from the ground up. This is a 2015 Tarmac S-Works.

Specs
2015 S-Works Tarmac Limited Edition (Alberto Frame)
2016 Roval CL-40 Wheels
Full Dura-Ace Groupset expect S-Works Carbon Crank
2016 S-Works Stem
2016 S-Works Handlebar
2016 S-Works Seatpost
2016 S-Works Power Saddle
Weighs 15.1 pounds with pedals
Weighs 14.4 pounds without pedals

zjt9xz.jpg

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Nice bike, but Christ, how long are your legs??
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Interesting set up. Is the frame too small?
  • I like the stem/ bar/shifter positions, do you think it'll ever catch on?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Nice bike, but the position (saddles and bars/stem) look all over the place.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Sorry, but that setup is a bit horrific. Frame is either too small, or you might be more suited to something more upright, like a Roubaix or similar...
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,581
    Contador has his set up just like that.
  • auzzy87
    edited July 2016
    I was professionally fitted to this bike. I am 6'1 with a 36 inseam.
  • imposter2.0
    Jesus - you paid for that setup? I would say that setup is more suited to anything but racing.
  • auzzy87
    No I did not pay for this setup. I work at a bike shop and the setup is really comfortable.
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    Lovely frame congrats

Seems like maybe you're in between a 58'' and 61' frame, size wise. The 61' being to long a top tube but maybe the 58' doesn't offer quite the right stack without having the stem and bars in their current position? Maybe over time you'll change the stem and bar angle / swap them out. But whatever works for you obviously! Have you had a chance to take it for a spin yet?
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • auzzy87
    Yes I have ridden is quite a bit. It rides really nice.
  • turbotommy
    Ah cool
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • zoomer42
    zoomer42 Posts: 124
    auzzy87 wrote:
    Yes I have ridden is quite a bit. It rides really nice.

Whatever works for you i guess, but id imagine if you leveled the seat it would ride better.

Does it not feel like your sliding forward when you ride?
  • auzzy87
    The seat is pretty level. It's the angle of the picture.
  • nvlacid
    nvlacid Posts: 15
    This year Alberto S-works for Tour de France. So i think reference to his position wasn't really correct.
    alberto-contador-specialized-s-works-tarmac-630x420.jpg
    You have a lovely bike tho
    Regards
  • imposter2.0
    I think the earlier reference to Contador's position was said with a hint of irony...
  • auzzy87
    I'm thinking I should get re-fitted. Should I flip the stem or what should I do?
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    If that seat post is set right for you then there's not a lot to be done with it. I'd check you have at least the minimum insertion though.

Look online for basic setup. Rough guide is hands on the hood and the front hub hidden from view. With a flipped stem I'm guessing you're not flexible enough for it to be the other way. No great biggy. Just looks a little odd
  • arthur_scrimshaw
    arthur_scrimshaw Posts: 2,596
    edited July 2016
    You never really answered the inferred question about the frame size? At your height you're looking at a 58 frame I'd guess?
  • imposter2.0
    auzzy87 wrote:
    I'm thinking I should get re-fitted. Should I flip the stem or what should I do?

You said you'd had a 'professional fit' - I would talk to whoever did it. You also said earlier that the fit was 'really comfortable' so I don't understand why you're now thinking of flipping the stem. Fundamentally though, I think the frame is too small.
  • turbotommy
    For what it's worth I have the same frame but the 61'(I'm just shy of 6'4). There's a guy I do laps of Regent's Park with whoose prob half an inch shorter than me and rides a 58'. if the frame works for you that's fine. No doubt you can make that frame work for you. It's just that normally you'd expect to see a Tarmac set up to be more aggressive than you have yours and that's what people are picking up on. What was your last bike?
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift